Public Policy Manager, WhatsApp
Apply By: 31 Aug 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
Facebook is an American online social media and social networking service company based in Menlo Park, California. Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Job Title: Public Policy Manager, WhatsApp
Location: New Delhi
- As the Public Policy Manager for WhatsApp in the India and South Asia region, they will help shape various product and issue agendas with policy makers inside and outside government as well as manage strategic outreach, policy campaigns and high-impact programs to advance the values and interests of WhatsApp. In addition, they will help advice our internal teams on the public policy implications of their products, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team. They'll coordinate closely with our local and global policy teams, the WhatsApp business and product organizations and key cross-functional partners in Legal, Partnerships and Comms to execute our policy strategy, develop our external narrative around key policy challenges and advise product teams through the public policy lens.
- They will develop, organize, manage and communicate critical plans, initiatives and strategy. We advocate for WhatsApp on the big public policy issues of the day – including privacy, security and user safety -- and often play a part in high-profile debates. In this role, you’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage campaigns and projects to tight deadlines. They’ll apply your expertise to real-world scenarios, acting as an inspiring advocate and enthusiastic team player eager to help shape the future of Internet and mobile policy.
- Identify, monitor, and analyze policy issues affecting WhatsApp AND ideate/localize and implement policy programs and proactive strategies to help address these issues
- Develop and lead strategic outreach and policy campaigns to shape public and political dialogue in a way that benefits WhatsApp’s users and the wider web
- Engage directly and build relations with policymakers, trade associations, industry partners, key opinion formers, non-profit groups and others to support policies that will help create/maintain a user-focused, private, safe and secure online environment
- Build external relationships strategically to help shape public and political dialogue
- Manage policy projects on a host of issues and work cross-functionally to develop policy positions
- Lead framework and our policy strategy for issues including encryption, privacy, and content.
- Bachelor's degree (advanced degree preferred, including a law degree)
- 10+ years of work experience, including experience managing high-profile policy campaigns, programs and strategic outreach with diverse stakeholders within policy advocacy or in a government position
- Experience driving and managing multiple projects and cross-functional campaigns simultaneously
- Ability to work as part of a team and exercise good judgment and a sense of humor in a rapidly changing environment
- Superb communication skills
Experience in internet technologies, security, privacy, content moderation and the surrounding policy environments (preferred)
For more information please click the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd