Organization: Evidence Action
Apply By: 06 Jun 2019
Location: Varanasi(Uttar Pradesh)
About the organization
Evidence Action is a US based non-profit dedicated to scaling proven, cost-effective interventions to alleviate poverty. In India, its technical consultant Pramanit Karya India Private Limited, provides technical assistance to national and select state government’s ministries of health, education, and women and child development to implement the school and anganwadi based National Deworming Day program to improve children’s health, education, and long-term development. The portfolio of technical assistance is now expanded to other initiatives in School based health programs.
Duty Station: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. (Varanasi region will cover a total of 7 districts (Districts – Varanasi, Azamgarh, Ballia, Mau, Chandauli, Ghazipur, Jaunpur)
Travel commitment: Approximately 60% of time
Scope of Work:
- Will be the NDD contact person for district officials and maintain good working relationships with officials of the district administration and of associated departments (Health, Education, ICDS, and others). His/her interaction with these officials will be guided and have approvals from the state office.
- Will represent National Deworming Day in District Coordination Committee meetings, other district level meetings of ICDS, Health and Education.
- During the deworming program, he/she will ensure that coordination committee meetings are convened, deworming program is an agenda item, discussions and decisions for deworming program are taken, minutes of the meeting completed and circulated among concerned stakeholders.
- Will work closely with the health department at districts for the inclusion of program notes, budgets and IEC strategy in the annual Program Implementation Plan (PIP) under National Health Mission.
- Will interact and liaison with regional and district representatives of development partners and any other as guided by the state team.
- Will provide support to department of Health on other school health programs, as and when guided by state team.
- Will assist state team in supporting the orientation of the District Coordinators (DCs) during the deworming program, and provide guidance and supervision to their tasks.
- Will coordinate with the members of the Tele-calling unit at the state office on different requirements of the districts as assigned.
- Will share daily status report with the state team for all progress during the Deworming program in their assigned area.
- Will coordinate the need assessment of drugs prior to program with concerned departments to support the drug requisition at the state level, and work with districts towards timely availability of drugs for deworming.
- Will monitor trainings on deworming at district and block with support of District Coordinators, and identify training opportunities of different programs to orient and sensitize officials and staff of concerned departments on deworming and its benefits.
- Will work with districts to identify, plan, and execute different IEC activities as appropriate and per budgets available, with the objective of integrating deworming component in related program IEC while ensuring standard messages.
- Will support state team in conducting program monitoring, including training monitoring and independent monitoring conducted by research agency and Deworm the World Initiative.
- Will coordinate and follow up with districts and concerned departments to ensure reporting data from deworming program is submitted as per agreed cascade and timelines.
Eligibility Criteria and Work Experience
- Post Graduate Degree in Social Work/ Sociology/Rural Development/ Rural Management/Psychology form reputed institutes.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of post-qualification experience in the development sector preferably in the field of Child Rights/ Child Education/ Child Health/ School health.
- Good computer skills – Windows and Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point presentation).
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal English and Hindi. Basic speaking and reading skills of Hindi is preferred.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd