Regional Manager - Higher Education (North & East India)
Organization: Harvard Business Publishing (HBP)
Apply By: 05 Aug 2019
About the organization
Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) was founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University, reporting into Harvard Business School. HBP Education partners with educators & learners worldwide by being the richest source of ideas for improving management.
Working with the Regional Director, India & Middle East and National Account Manager - India, develop and execute plans to expand HBP revenue at existing accounts and assist in establishing new accounts in the Higher education market in India. Represent HBP product line to key strategic accounts; understand changing needs, and opportunities for localization of HBP marketing mix. Develop strong relationships with Directors, faculty and librarians at key target institutions.
- Achieve or exceed regional sales goal by doing the following:
- Visit assigned key accounts each semester to develop account sales strategy, close sales opportunities, understand customers changing needs, understand developing trends
- Call directly on strategic key accounts to promote all HBSP products and follow-up on qualified opportunities outside of key accounts
- Utilize and leverage internal resources (salesforce, global sales support, marketing, product management, editorial) to maximize sales in the assigned region
- Provide timely product and market feedback to academic colleagues and to manager. Identify key trends, opportunities and developments
- Contribute to the regional financial reporting activities viz. forecasting, budget etc. by analyzing market data
- Represent self and brand with standards consistent with those HBS and HBSP and their brands stand for
- Develop and maintain superior product knowledge of HBP products and use data to drive adoption across the region
- Employ consultative selling techniques to grow regional sales.
- Travel approx. 50% of time to visit key accounts, present & demonstrate eLearning products to faculty
- Develop bi-annual regional sales strategy and plans for manager’s approval
- Identify opportunities for adaptation of HBP product and marketing mix
- Manage ongoing client requirements and ensure that their requirements are being met. This includes items such as trial access, fulfillment, invoicing, etc.
- Promote faculty enablement initiatives at HBS and HBP amongst target schools in the region
- Develop and support executions of marketing and promotion plans to develop
- brand, network and grow business
- Utilize CRM system to maximize efficiency and sales within region and to facilitate communication with customers and internally
- Master’s degree (Preferably MBA)
- Higher education publishing industry experience desired – especially selling in business disciplines to senior faculty
- 5-8 years relevant work experience, preferably in academic sales
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently and willing to travel extensively Relationship Skills: Builds and maintains personal rapport with clients
- Consultative approach: Ability to ask relevant questions, assess needs, define problems, and focus on business outcomes
- Sales Skills: Ability to target, qualify and build pipeline quickly, outbound lead and new business generation experience, strong organization and time management skills, ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd