Research Analyst - Iron and Folic Acid
Organization: Evidence Action
Apply By: 30 Apr 2019
About The Organization:
Evidence Action aims to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs to reduce the burden of poverty for hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places. Its two flagship at-scale programs, Deworm the World and Dispensers for Safe Water, reached over 200 million people in 2018 alone. Evidence Action also leverages its unique Beta incubator to explore what interventions with initial evidence of impact might be suitable for massive scale up to become their next flagship programs.
Research Analyst –IFA to be based at the Delhi office to support M&E function within the IFA technical assistance to the select states.
The Research Analyst will assist the Deputy Director - MLE in all technical and data related activities within the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) function for IFA technical assistance portfolio. The position will assist in the planning and execution of M&E activities - management of data collection, analysis and documentation including secondary data analysis and research with a focus on select states where Evidence Action will provide IFA technical assistance. The position will be based at the Delhi office.
The Research Analyst will report to Deputy Director- MLE, for technical requirements and Deputy Director-IFA for program and operational requirements.
- With the Deputy Director MLE, design and implement, M&E strategies for state programs. These include strategies for data capture, return, entry, cleaning, analysis, storage, and other monitoring activities. Research Analyst will be guiding the Research Associate also working on the project.
- Will participate, input and consolidate inputs on the design and template of monitoring tools and all monitoring activities.
- Will input and support in the design of monitoring templates for use by tele-callers, District Coordinator (DCs), Regional Coordinators (RCs) for all monitoring (process and performance) related activities.
- Will work with state and program teams in the effective implementation of all program monitoring (process and performance) and training.
- Will assist in the management of all relationships with M&E partners and vendors.
- Will assist in coordination with select state teams for rigorous data collection feeding into iterative designing of monitoring framework focussing on the process as well as performance indicators.
- Will consolidate and clean entered data to prepare it for further analysis in Stata / SPSS as per guidelines developed .
- Will coordinate and manage qualitative data for further analysis as per inputs provided and also provide guidance to the Research Associate as well as state level teams.
- Will perform rigorous analysis and write-up of data results for program reports and other documentation.
- Will document all data management and analysis processes as needed.
- Research Analyst will be managing and mentoring the Research Associate and driving in the inputs to execution on ground.
- Will perform any other M&E related tasks as and when required and assigned.
- Required to travel at least 20% of the time, as needed by program activities.
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Statistics/Applied Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Mathematics, Population Studies, Demography, Economics, or related field
- A minimum of 4 years’ work experience in a highly analytical role with quantitative and qualitative skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of and substantial practical experience in using quantitative and qualitative softwares like SPSS, STATA or R and Atlas Ti/ Nvivo
- Proven data management with quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Experience with digital data collection platforms.
- Experience in working with data visualization tools
- Prior experience of using secondary large scale data sources like NFHS, DLHS, AHS etc.
- Prior experience in managing data collection, preferably for a field experiment
- Excellent communication skills in English (both spoken and written). Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Hindi is essential
- Adaptable, self-motivated, curious, and a team player who is interested in being part of a fast-paced, growing and diverse team.
- Travel to field locations and “People” skills- the ability to work with multicultural and diverse teams with various levels of training and understanding.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd