Research Analyst I/II
Organization: International Food Policy Research Institute
Apply By: 25 Apr 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About The Organization:
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition in developing countries. Established in 1975, IFPRI currently has more than 600 employees working in over 50 countries. It is a research center of CGIAR, a worldwide partnership engaged in agricultural research for development.
Research Analysts (RA) to work with senior researchers from the Poverty, Health and Nutrition Division at IFPRI’s New Delhi Office and with researchers at IFPRI’s Washington office. The successful candidates will support quantitative research to support policy engagement activities under a broad portfolio of research on nutrition and health in India.
Job duties will include support to quantitative data analysis, literature reviews including policy and program reviews and support to preparation of reports and journal manuscripts. Support to policy and stakeholder communications activities is also expected. Successful candidates will work with an energetic set of senior researchers based both in IFPRI’s New Delhi and Washington DC offices who straddle academic fields in economics and nutrition and work in strong collaborative project teams. Opportunities exist for co-authored publications, conference presentations and travel within India and abroad. This position is a one-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment, based at IFPRI’s regional office in New Delhi, India. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in India.
- Analyzing large survey data sets on nutrition, health, with an emphasis on quality of health and nutrition services
- Conducting literature reviews, preparing presentations and presentation materials.
- Providing research and analytical support for workshops and conference
- Support activities related to communications and knowledge mobilization (media engagement, stakeholder consultations, writing blogs, preparation of research and policy briefs)
- Travel, as needed, to field sites or internationally
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors in Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, Public Health, Nutrition, or related field plus 2 years of experience or a Masters degree.
- At the Research Analyst II level, a minimum of 3 years’ relevant post-Masters experience. Experience using statistical software packages, especially Stata
- Prior work experience with research organizations in India
- Excellent spoken and written English
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd