Organization: International Initiative for Impact Evaluation
Apply By: 01 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
The International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) promotes evidence-informed equitable, inclusive and sustainable development. 3ie supports the generation and effective use of high quality evidence to inform decision-making and improve the lives of people living in poverty in low- and middle-income countries. It provides guidance and support to produce, synthesise and quality assure evidence of what works, for whom, how, why and at what cost. 3ie is registered as a non-governmental organisation in the United States. It has offices in New Delhi, London and Washington, DC.
A research assistant or associate will support the agriculture and aquaculture evidence programmes. The position will be based in the 3ie’s New Delhi office. The position will be at either the research assistant or research associate level, depending on the successful candidate’s qualifications. The assistant or associate will support the evaluation specialist in the management of 3ie’sagricultural innovations evidence programme and a large-scale impact evaluation of an aquaculture programme in Bangladesh
Grant programme management:
- Review technical deliverables submitted by grantees;
- Organise relevant events and meetings such as steering committee meetings, monitoring calls, workshops and other events;
- Participate in key stakeholder meetings, and field-based missions from time-to-time;
- Coordinate with key stakeholders in the programme, such as donors, thought-partners, grantees, implementers, policymakers and others;
- Assist in planning workshops where results and lessons from 3ie-supported grants are
- shared; and
- Assist in preparing donor reporting documents.
Contributing to writing tasks and research:
- Analyse and summarise the results from baseline and final reports of the impact evaluation studies conducted under the programmes;
- Perform push-button replication as part of quality assurance of the grant programs;
- Contribute to the generation of writing outputs such as briefs, minutes from meetings and learning documents;
- Search and analyse relevant articles, working papers and blog posts that can contribute to the analysis of the impact evaluations funded under the programme;
- Conduct research for fundraising; and
- Prepare material for 3ie program web pages.
Knowledge and marketing materials:
- Develop policymaker-friendly materials such as briefs, executive summaries, study summaries, blogs, conference abstracts and other content for 3ie databases, internal tracking, website and external channels;
- Assist with organising and planning 3ie events; and
- Attend local and international conferences to present work related to 3ie programmes, from time to time.
Impact evaluation management:
- Assist in the day-to-day management of a large-scale impact evaluation, including organising meetings and conducting routine communications with project stakeholders;
- Make arrangements for monitoring visits to project sites in northwest Bangladesh, and accompany other research staff on these visits; and
- Assist in preparing donor reporting documents.
- The assistant or associate will contribute to in-house research projects, including but not limited to push-button replications of data using statistical software, quantitative analyses of impact evaluation data, evidence syntheses (e.g. literature reviews, portfolio reviews, learning papers, data gathering), developing questionnaires and databases, or other research-related tasks.
- Another responsibility will be to work on expanding existing and building new networks with stakeholders including academic researchers, professional evaluators, development practitioners and others, as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s or equivalent in public health, economics, political science, psychology, statistics, public policy, or another relevant social science.
- Prior research or work experience in the agriculture and/or aquaculture sectors;
- Prior experience and/or knowledge of impact evaluation methodology, including quasi experimental designs using statistical matching to create comparable treatment and control groups, regression discontinuity designs, and others;
- Prior experience with and/or knowledge of evidence synthesis methodologies;
- Prior experience in writing and producing reports, research papers or briefs; and
- Prior experience in organising events such as workshops and seminars.
- Demonstrated quantitative analysis skills using statistical software packages like STATA, R, or SPSS;
- Excellent verbal and written English-language skills;
- A strong ability to work on a team and under pressure with strict deadlines;
- Strong organisation and planning ability;
- Multicultural and gender sensitivity, analytical thinking, and a sense of humour; and
- Proficiency in Bengali/Bangla is a plus but not required.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘RA - agriculture’ as the subject line. Please attach the following documents in one email, and do not attach other documents beyond those requested below:
- A cover letter, not exceeding one page, highlighting your experience relevant to the terms of reference
- Curriculum vitae (not to exceed two pages)
- Contact information for three references
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd