Organization: Oxford Policy Management
Apply By: 22 Sep 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
Oxford Policy Management is committed to helping low- and middle-income countries achieve growth and reduce poverty and disadvantage through public policy reform. We seek to bring about lasting positive change using analytical and practical policy expertise. Through our global network of offices, we work in partnership with national decision makers to research, design, implement, and evaluate impactful public policy.
They work in all areas of social and economic policy and governance, including health, finance, education, climate change, and public sector management. OPM draw on the local and international sector experts to provide the very best evidence-based support.
Oxford Policy Management (OPM) is seeking to recruit a Research Assistant (RA) to work in our New Delhi offices in India. This is an exciting opportunity for entry-level professionals who are passionate about data-driven international development and want to build their experience in field settings, while also contributing concretely to stimulating and important development programmes
This is a full-time and permanent position. Please note that successful candidates will need existing full right to work in India as we cannot sponsor visas.
This role will have the following key responsibilities: (not exhaustive)
- Designing, field-testing, and digitizing research instruments;
- Monitoring all aspects of data collection including training of survey teams, managing data quality through survey team monitoring and concurrent feedback, field progress through the maintenance of live trackers and dashboards etc.
- Compiling, structuring and cleaning data;
- Contributing to analysis on research projects through data analysis, report-writing etc.; and
- Contributing to new business acquisition by assisting in the development of research proposals.
The ideal candidate will have the following required qualifications:
- A relevant post-graduate degree in Economics, Development Studies, Public Policy, Statistics or a related field with an excellent academic record or an undergraduate degree with demonstrable experience in quantitative analysis (relevant degrees include B. Eng., B. Tech., MCA)
- Strong quantitative research skills;
- Intermediate proficiency with statistical packages such as STATA, R, SPSS etc.
- Willingness to travel for project-related fieldwork;
- Ability to multi-task well and manage multiple commitments and deadlines.
- Language abilities in English and Hindi.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Basic proficiency in survey programming languages such as CSPro, ODK, Survey Solutions;
- Additional proficiency in a regional language is desirable, but not required
This is based in our New Delhi office, with regular travel for projects to other states in India.
If you feel you meet the essential skills listed above, we would really like to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the skills, along with a CV, onto the OPM portal (by clicking ‘Apply Now’ link button below) by Sunday 22 September 2019 at 23.59pm.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd