Organization: Gujarat National Law University (GNLU)
Apply By: 20 Jun 2019
About the organization
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is a National Law University established under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 in the state of Gujarat. The university is located at Gandhinagar, which is the capital of Gujarat and is located 23 kilometers north of the city of Ahmedabad.
Position: Research Associate (GNLU-GUJCOST IPR Chair)
Remuneration: ₹ 25,000 per month (fix)
Division: Academic and Research Division
Role and Responsibilities: Under the guidance of Head (Dean), Research and Head (Dean), Academic Affairs, the incumbent shall perform the following role and responsibilities in consultation with GUJCOST:;
- Conduct library and internet-based interdisciplinary research in the fields of IPR and closely associated areas in collaboration with teaching and research staff including honorary members;
- Compilation, Categorization and analysis of law and policies in IPR;
- Organize workshops, training, conferences and seminars for stakeholders in areas of IPR;
- Publish policy papers, reports on cutting edge issues in relevant area;
- Provide high quality research, material and visionary plans in respective area;
- Carry out surveys, undertake field visits for collection of data and preparation of regular research reports in respective area;
- Interact with internal and external agencies, including faculty, policy makers legal experts, builders associations, town planners, researchers and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate and plan various events related to assigned project, including seminars, round table discussions and conferences;
- Undertake independent, guided research related to the assigned project with a view to publication;
- Develop, plan, execute, monitor and report interdisciplinary research in collaboration with external universities, institutions, government departments, industrial and economic agencies, judiciary within India and abroad etc.;
- Conduct research based training and extension activities;
- Perform any other duties including administrative, coordination, etc. as required to achieve the aims and objectives of the University and GUJCOST.
- Master’s Degree in Law with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university;
- Good knowledge of latest national and international research trends and developments in the fields of IPR;
- Ability to conceptualize and organize international training workshops and brainstorming online/on-site discussions apart from teaching/Research;
- Fluency in English language.
- Experience in teaching/research in premier law universities/colleges/firms in the area of IPR;
- National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET;
- Excellent inter-personal and team-building skills;
- Ability to innovate and to improve academic programmes or services and to pursue interesting new ideas and new methods;
This appointment is for one year duration.
Walk in Interview Date: Thursday, 20 June 2019. Reporting time for walk in Interview: 1030 hrs (No candidate shall be considered for walk in interview after 1030 Hrs.)
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd