Organization: International Center for Research Women
Apply By: 05 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) is a global research institute with headquarters in Washington, D.C., and regional offices in New Delhi, India and Kampala, Uganda. Their research evidence identifies women’s contributions as well as the obstacles that prevent them from being economically strong and able to fully participate in society.
Functional Title: Research Associate
Department: Gender and Youth Development (GYD)
Location: New Delhi
The Research Associate (RA) will provide technical support to activities for assigned project under one of ICRW’s thematic pillars of work: Gender, youth and Development.
- Masters in a relevant field (like Population Studies, Statistics, Economics, Gender studies, Public Health, Sociology, Social Work) with strong quantitative research background. Graduates with additional years of experience could be considered.
- Familiarity with research around Gender and Development
Two (2) to four (4) years relevant experience with an understanding of quantitative and qualitative data analysis, writing research papers and reports, and research coordination. Exposure to water and sanitation, public health, economic empowerment and/or livelihoods research shall be preferred.
- Strong quantitative research skills, and a demonstrable proficiency in using statistical software like SPSS/ STATA
- Must possess excellent writing, communication, and analytical skills. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must possess computer literacy to include a proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel), Internet applications including online database applications
- Must be a team player with the ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Experience in planning and implementing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for projects and portfolios of projects required
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks:
A.Technical and research support:
- Conduct literature searches and literature reviews; compilation of resource material for project.
- Conduct data cleaning and analysis.
- Support development of research protocol, including research design, sampling, tools, analysis plan for quantitative and qualitative study.
- Monitor field work and work with quality assurance team.
- Support research and program team in field data collection, data tabulation, data management and analysis (both quantitative & qualitative) and report writing.
- Formatting, editing and revising papers, presentations, proposals, questionnaires etc., as directed.
- Assists in preparation for and coordination of meetings, events, trainings and workshops.
- Assists in knowledge management; maintains resource materials, shares information on new publications; maintains team files and databases.
- Any other task as may be allotted from time to time by the Supervisor/ Project Lead.
ICRW is an equal opportunities employer and offers a collegial and stimulating work environment, challenging innovative and meaningful development projects and an opportunity to work with development professionals who are well regarded in their fields of expertise.
Last Date of receiving applications: 05th May, 2019.
Interested candidates are requested to apply online with a cover letter stating why you are suitable for this position along with their up to date Resume and current and expected remunerations.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd