Organization: International Center for Research on Women
Apply By: 12 May 2019
About the Organization:
The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) is a global research institute with headquarters in Washington, D.C., and regional offices in New Delhi, India and Kampala, Uganda. Their research evidence identifies women’s contributions as well as the obstacles that prevent them from being economically strong and able to fully participate in society.
Generic Title: Research Associate
Functional Title: Block coordinator
Reports To: Program coordinator/Project lead
Number of positions: 4 (2 in each district)
Location: Sirohi district/ Udaipur or Jodhpur district (Rajasthan)
About the Project:
ICRW will be designing and implementing a school-based intervention Gender Equity Movement in Schools (GEMS) - Boys in two districts of Rajasthan, Sirohi and Udaipur/Jodhpur. The aim of the intervention is to engage school going boys using gender transformative approaches on building understanding on gender-based violence (GBV) and bringing down the overall experience of GBV by boys and girls both. The program will be implemented in collaboration with the government of Rajasthan, department of education and State Institute of Education Research and Training (SIERT), Rajasthan and local partners. It will also include building capacities of teachers and key stakeholders in the education department with an aim to engage on the issue and lead the program in schools across two districts, to work towards positive attitude and behavior change on GBV among school going boys and girls.
The block coordinator will be responsible to provide technical support to activities under this project. S/he will be closely working with the project coordinator for ensuring successful implementation of the project on the ground.Based at the block selected for program implementation the block coordinator will be extensively traveling to intervention sites, which includes schools, training centres – both DIET and SIERT and district education office to provide support in
- Conducting meetings with block level government officials
- Getting approvals from principals of selected schools
- Conducting meetings with teachers, principals and SMC members of the selected schools
- Supervision, mentoring and handholding of field facilitators along with the partner staff
- Supervision and monitoring of school sessions under the project along with partner staff
- Documentation and MIS management at the block level
- Supervising and leading the training of teachers and facilitators for program implementation
- Support in Curriculum development and testing
- Support in conducting research activities
- Ensure maintenance of all project records at block level
- Liaising between project staff at district, state and Delhi office
- Manage partners relationship together with Project coordinator
- Any other official tasks allotted from project coordinator/project lead time-to-time
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in social science (Gender and Development Studies, Social Work, Population Studies, Health, Economics Population Studies or Sociology,) with research and program experience. Understanding and experience of working on issues of gender-based violence and adolescent SRH issues is desirable.
- Two (2) to four (4) years’ experience with an understanding of managing field level staff, research coordination and mobile based MIS applications are mandatory. Earlier experience of working with school based programs and conducting trainings and conducting qualitative/ quantitative research will be an asset.
Language proficiency: Proficiency in English and Hindi
- Must possess excellent writing, communication, and analytical skills. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must possess computer literacy to include a proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel), Internet applications including online database applications
- Must be a team player with the ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Experience in planning and implementing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for projects and portfolios of projects required.
- Assists in preparation for and coordination of meetings, events, trainings and workshops.
- Assists in knowledge management; maintains printed resource materials, shares information on new publications; maintains team files and databases.
- Any other task as may be allotted from time to time by the Supervisor/Regional Director.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter stating why you are suitable for this position along with their up to date Resume and current and expected remunerations.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd