Research Support Assistants
Organization: Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
Apply By: 25 Jul 2019
About the organization
The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) is a global research center working to reduce poverty by ensuring that policy is informed by scientific evidence. Anchored by a network of 181 affiliated professors at universities around the world, J-PAL conducts randomized impact evaluations to answer critical questions in the fight against poverty.
Job Title: Research Support Assistant - Pilot Emissions Trading Scheme for Particulate Matter, Gujarat - J-PAL South Asia
The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) seeks qualified applicants for positions as Research Support Assistants for projects on agriculture, education, environment, finance, health, labor, and governance in locations around the world. The projects study a variety of topics within the previously listed fields. The positions offer an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research.
The Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) project is a collaborative exercise between the Central Pollution Control Board, Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change, State Pollution Control Boards of Gujarat, J-PAL South Asia at IFMR and EPIC-India to implement and evaluate a pilot ETS for particulate matter in India.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The RSA will work closely with academic researchers, research associates and other project field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Assisting with the implementation of field and project activities in association with our partner organizations.
- Maintaining relationships with partner organizations at both headquarters and field levels.
- Assisting with capacity building activities for project stakeholders.
- Monitoring implementation teams: train and supervise both field-based and data operations team consisting of project associate, field-based surveyors, data entry operators and other office staff.
- Producing daily data tracking sheets to monitor industry activity and ensure continuous follow-ups with partner organisations.
- Assisting with data analysis, and preparation of documents/presentations for dissemination
- Work with Research Associates on all the above
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics (or related field) or Engineering
- Prior experience with field data collection is desired but not necessary
- Familiarity with impact evaluations and randomized controlled trials is required
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
- Fluency in Hindi and English and strong communication skills are required. Fluency in Gujarati is preferred
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player
- Willingness to live in Gujarat and travel extensively to field locations
- Basic knowledge of STATA or other data analysis tool
- Attention to detail, ability to solve unexpected problem and adaptability to unstructured and changing environments and project demands
- Experience living in a developing country and/or liaising with government officials is desired but not necessary
- Proficiency in STATA (or other tools such as R, SPSS etc.) is desired
- Note on Work Authorizations: Candidates must have work authorization to work in India. This covers citizens of India, Nepal or Bhutan, Persons of Indian origin (PIO), and an Overseas Citizens of India (OCI).
Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application. After completing a brief registration, choose the Research job category, then select "Research Support Assistant - Pilot Emissions Trading Scheme for Particulate Matter, Gujarat - J-PAL South Asia” and include resume, cover letter, transcripts, and two recommendation letters.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd