Roster Nutrition Consultants
Apply By: 19 Jun 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families.
Based on the National Family Health Survey – 4 (2015-16) and WHO/UNICEF/World Bank 2016 joint estimates, India is home to one-third (46.8 million) of the 156 million stunted children world-wide. Similarly, there are around 50 million wasted children in the world, of which India alone houses 18.3 million (37%) of them.
Adequate nutrition during the first 1000 days- from conception to a child's second birthday, not only helps children survive and thrive, but supports them to reach their full growth and development potential, which has an impact on learning and educational outcomes; and hence improving India's macroeconomic growth.
As a technical partner, UNICEF supports both national and state Governments’ efforts to reduce child stunting and wasting including among the most vulnerable populations, through improving quality, universalizing coverage and reach of proven high impact interventions around the first 1000 days of life and for adolescent girls and for preventing and treating severe acute malnutrition at facility and community levels.
UNICEF is updating its roster of pre-qualified high-caliber candidates to be hired as ‘Nutrition Consultants’, from which UNICEF country office and different state offices can quickly select and fill a requirement through a faster contracting process as soon as a need is identified.
Candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to apply following which a desk review of their skills and experience will be done to determine whether they qualify for the Nutrition Roster. The process will ensure all candidates in a Nutrition Roster Group are evaluated prior to recommendation for a specific consultancy opportunity. Successful candidates will be notified and placed in a Nutrition Roster Group for a four (4) year period. However, engagement of identified consultants for specific assignments would be as per the terms and conditions specified in the contract entered into.
The Roster of Nutrition Consultants, once in place, will allow nutrition colleagues to select three or more potential candidates from the roster for further appraisal and selection of one candidate, rather than going through a formal advertisement process for each consultancy assignment. Ideally, this will expedite the placement of consultants (both short term and long term) and also provide the supervisor the scope to choose from a vast pool of potential candidates with nutrition background. The database will be managed centrally by Supply & Procurement (S&P) section, New Delhi. In this context, should the currently on-board consultants with UNICEF be interested in being considered for future opportunities with UNICEF, they need to apply to the roster.
The position would be responsible for providing technical support to national / state / divisional / district level/ sub-district levels (in certain cases) nutrition programming in UNICEF supported states in India, with specific deliverables to be achieved for improved nutrition outcomes. The position would be based at Country Office or State or selected district HQs within the states. Possible locations are: New Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad/Telangana, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Raipur and Ranchi.
- Education: Master’s or Diploma in Public Health Nutrition/Food and Nutrition/Public Health/Home Science/Rural Development Management (nutrition)/Health Administration/ Social Work or relevant social science degree
- Technical knowledge: Excellent technical knowledge about public health and nutrition programs especially in context of India
- Language: Fluency in English or English plus Hindi is required. Knowledge of other local Indian language as relevant to the state is an asset. Good negotiation and influencing skills supported by excellent communication, writing and presentation skills is desirable.
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office and its application, internet, e-mail
- Working knowledge on analysis package like SPSS/ EP-Info/STATA will be an added advantage
- Knowledge/familiarity with the national flagship programs (NHM, ICDS, MDM, Tribal Welfare, Livelihood Mission and others)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and to establish harmonious and effective working relationships with governmental, non-governmental and civil society organization.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd