Roster of Communication for Development / Social Behaviour Change Communication-Consultants
Apply By: 03 Jul 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About The Organization:
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
In the current Country Programme 2018-2022, C4D is integrated within six outcome areas. The new arrangement provides a space for better convergence and collaborative planning while allowing sharing of resources, leading to more efficiency in achieving the outcomes. Social and Behaviour change communication is a key strategy to meet UNICEF’s new CP outcomes and also the objectives of sectoral and cross-sectoral programme outcomes that can support: 1) GOI national flagship programmes (NHM, ICDS, ICPS, SSA, SBM etc.) as well as the 2) Early Childhood Development (ECD) and adolescents programming - through its focus on influencing, changing and developing behaviours and social norms to achieving equitable results and rights for children.
The social and behavior change communication (SBCC) and gender strategy for the ICO Country Programme will comprise of six approaches that will be embedded within and applied across all the office programme flagships
Role and Responsibilities:
- The position would be responsible for providing technical support to national / state / divisional / district level/ sub-district levels (in certain cases) C4D / SBCC programming in UNICEF supported states in India, with specific deliverables to be achieved for improved nutrition outcomes. The position would be based at Country Office or State or selected district HQs within the states. Possible locations are: New Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad/Telangana, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Raipur and Ranchi.
- The vetted roster of C4D / SBCC Consultants, once in place, will allow the C4D network and programme colleagues to select three or more potential candidates from the approved long term roster for further appraisal and selection of one candidate, rather than going through a formal advertisement process for each consultancy assignment.
- This will expedite the placement of consultants (both short term and long term) and also provide the scope to choose from a vast pool of potential candidates with C4D / SBCC expertise and background. Consideration will be given to those with particular understanding and expertise in multi-sectoral programming and have worked on delivering programmes / projects that address cross-cutting issues and objectives. The intended flagship results are focused on neonatal and child survival, stunting reduction, elimination of open defecation, all children in school and learning and prevention of child marriage.
- The database will be managed centrally by Supply & Procurement (S&P) section, New Delhi. In this context, should the currently on-board consultants with UNICEF be interested in being considered for future opportunities with UNICEF, they need to apply to the roster.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Master’s or Diploma in Social and Behavioral Science / Development Communication/ Social Marketing/Sociology/ Anthropology/ International Development / Public health / Public policy or other relevant social science degree is required.
- Technical knowledge: Excellent technical knowledge about communication, social / communication development programming, planning, implementation and monitoring/evaluation, strategic communication, ICT, public advocacy related to policy influencing and implementation and/or related areas. Social sector programme experience can include public health, nutrition, WASH, women and child development, education programs especially in the context of India and/or South Asia.
- Language: Fluency in English and Hindi is required. Knowledge of other local Indian language as relevant to the state is an asset. Good negotiation and influencing skills supported by excellent communication and presentation skills is desirable.
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office and its application, internet, e-mail
- Knowledge/familiarity with the national flagship programs (NNM, NHM, BBBP, ICDS, MDM, Tribal Welfare, Livelihood Mission and others)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and to establish harmonious and effective working relationships with governmental, non-governmental and civil society organizations
Your application should be made through the online Portal and contain the following 3 attachments:
- A Cover letter explaining the motivation for applying and also explaining how the qualifications and skill-set of the candidate are suitable for this position.
- Please indicate in your letter whether you will be willing to work across all 15 States. If there are States you will not be willing to work in, please mention the names.(to be uploaded online under cover letter)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (to be uploaded online under CV/resume)
- Technical Experience Template (Annex A) Download File Annex A - Technical Experience Template.docx (To be completed and uploaded under Financial template)
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd