STEM Content Manager
Organization: Khan academy
Apply By: 29 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the organization
Khan Academy is a non-profit educational organization created in 2008 by Salman Khan with the goal of creating a set of online tools that help educate students. The organization produces short lessons in the form of videos. Its website also includes supplementary practice exercises and materials for educators
STEM Content Manager /Job Description
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. Whether they’re studying matrices, mitosis, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything. We’re seeking a STEM Content Manager to help scale our content efforts in India and realize that vision in math and science.
The STEM Content Manager is broadly responsible for math and science content at Khan Academy India, serving the needs of K-12 learners and teachers. As the STEM Content Manager, you will:
- Support, build, and develop our team of math and science content creators (likely 8-10 people)
- Drive math and science content strategy and planning
- Oversee content creation and maintenance in current and future math and science courses on Khan Academy by reviewing course plans, reviewing content quality, and building efficient processes
- Work closely with the Mountain View-based Khan Academy content team to align on standards, style, and best practices for creating content
- Lead/co-lead cross-functional efforts that aim to improve quality, relevance, efficacy and usage of our content
- Strong command of early to advanced math or physics or chemistry or biology and great intuition for how students best learn that subject
- Relevant experience that has provided a deep knowledge of K-12 math/science education
- 5+ years of leadership and people management experience, including experience successfully leading a team of teachers, writers, education content creators, or related
- Strong project management experience, with a bias toward action
- A demonstrated ability to craft short- and long-term content strategy
- Experience creating learner-facing content, ideally in an online environment
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and impeccable written communication skills
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
How to apply
- Attach your resume below.
- Briefly describe your people management experience including number of people managed and length of time.
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfilll our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, academic, or in your own classroom - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd