Organization: International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Apply By: 30 Apr 2019
About The Organization:
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the post of Scientific Officer to work on the project “Genetic Enhancement of Minor Pulses: Characterization, Evaluation, Genetic Enhancement and Generation of Genomic Resources for Accelerated Utilization and Improvement of Minor Pulses” funded by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India. The position will be based at ICRISAT-Patancheru, Hyderabad.
Duration: This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) cadre position, for one year, renewable on an annual basis depending on performance and the project’s continuing need for the position.
Working under the guidance of the project leader to implement project activities including –
- Conduct laboratory, glasshouse and field experiments on screening for biotic and abiotic stress resistance/tolerance in legumes
- Conduct plant hybridization activities in legumes
- Conduct marker assisted selection
- Data collection and collation and maintenance of databases
- Preparation of research reports and papers
- Conduct research work activities as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in plant hybridization
- Sound knowledge of plant breeding and genetics
- Experience in marker assisted selection
- Excellent communication and computer skills, with fluency in written and spoken English and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Qualifications and Experience:
- Sc. in Plant Breeding or a related field with a good academic record
- At least three years of experience in laboratory, glasshouse and field operations
Applicants should apply on or before 30 April, 2019 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd