Scientist B - Agronomy
Organization: TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute)
Apply By: 01 Jul 2019
Location: Visakhapatnam(Andhra Pradesh) (Rajasthan)
About the organization
The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) is a research institute in New Delhi that specializes in the fields of energy, environment, climate change and sustainable development in research, policy, consultancy and implementation. Their work across sectors is focused on promoting efficient use of resources, increasing access and uptake of sustainable inputs and practices, reducing the impact on environment and climate.
Division: Sustainable Agriculture
Location and Position: Vishakhapatnam (Andra Pradesh) (1 Post), Chittorgarh (Rajasthan) (1 Post)
- Design, conduct, interpret, and communicate results of time-driven studies designed to understand the effect of bio-inoculant and nano products in various crops and tree species under stressed field conditions.
- Regular field checks for Insect, soil moisture status, weed & disease monitoring
- Irrigation scheduling, Ag chemical, fertilizer & seed recommendations.
- Crop calendar planning and hybrid/variety selection recommendations.
- Develop proposals; solicit customers & increase acres and/or opportunities.
- Detailed computerized field reports & permanent record keeping.
- Work closely with chemists and biologists and use that knowledge to design the field trials to test the effect of the developed products on crops.
- Work independently and collaboratively across all disciplines within the organization and at partner/collaborators. Understand the requirements across all portfolio projects and work with team members to deliver against aggressive timelines.
- Keeping up to date with developments in agronomy and related areas, as well as environmental issues and changes in legislation that may impact on your work;
- Attending conferences to keep abreast of the latest developments and to network with people in the profession and in related industries;
- Travelling to sites within and outside India;
- In education posts: writing proposals and making bids for new research projects and funding, making presentations, giving seminars, teaching and advising students;
- In consultancy roles: tendering for work, reporting to and advising clients, liaising with members of related professions.
- Other duties as necessary.
- 1 - 2 years
- M.Sc. (Agriculture/Forestry) having made contribution to research/ teaching/extension education in the field of agriculture/forestry as evidenced by published work/innovations and impact.
- Minimum two years job experience. Experience in bioremediation/phytoremediation and doctoral degree is desirable
- Having made contribution to research/ teaching/extension education in the field of agriculture/forestry
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd