Senior Analyst, India
Organization: International Crisis Group
Apply By: 03 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
The International Crisis Group is an independent organisation working to prevent wars and shape policies that will build a more peaceful world. The group publish comprehensive reports and timely commentaries to inform decision making and shape the public debate on how to limit threats to peace and security.
Based in India (preferably New Delhi), the Senior Analyst will undertake research and draft reports and other forms of shorter publications that examine and propose solutions to prevent or mitigate deadly conflict in India, including consideration of security, political, legal, governance, human rights, and social issues. The Senior Analyst’s work also will consider India as a regional and geo-political actor in potential conflict and in conflict resolution.
- Conducts extensive field research into prevailing issues in India, including - where relevant - consideration of security, political, legal, economic, and social issues, as well as human rights, gender and governance;
- Provides written analyses - in clear and concise fashion - of the risks and origins of deadly conflict in the form of detailed reports and briefing papers for publication, as well as shorter pieces (such as op-eds), including contributions to our monthly Crisis Watch;
- Proposes policy recommendations and initiatives for conflict actors including political, civil society, and other stakeholders at the national as well as regional and international levels aimed at preventing, mitigating or resolving conflict;
- Advocates Crisis Group policy positions and recommendations directly to policy makers and conflict actors locally, nationally, and internationally and indirectly through media and by networking with other organizations;
- Represents Crisis Group by speaking at events and to the media;
- Provides support to the Program Director for Crisis Group activities and advocacy in the region and globally;
- As required, recruits and supervises research assistants, consultants and/or stringers.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-graduate qualification in international relations, political science, social sciences, or other relevant field of academic study;
- At least seven years of professional experience in conflict research and analysis, conflict resolution, and/or conflict prevention, working in government, academia, international organisations, non-governmental organisations, or the media;
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills in English;
- Strong research and analytical skills, and experience of formulating persuasive policy recommendations;
- Extensive knowledge of India’s security and public policy issues, and experience of living and working in India;
- A network of governmental, media, and civil society contacts in India;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including public presentation skills;
- Experience of working successfully within a team as well as the ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
If interested, please apply by 3rd May 2019 online.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd