Senior Associate Scientist II - Programme Coordinator
Organization: The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI)
Apply By: 25 Jun 2019
About the organization
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is the world’s premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science; improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers; and protecting the rice-growing environment for future generations. IRRI is an independent, nonprofit, research and educational institute, founded in 1960 by the Ford and Rockefeller foundations with support from the Philippine government. The institute, headquartered in Los Baños, Philippines, has offices in 17 rice-growing countries in Asia and Africa, and over 1,000 staff.
Job ID: HQ01023
Salary: 82200 - 170800 INR per Month
With support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and U.S. Agency for International Development, the Cereal Systems Initiative for South Asia (CSISA) has worked as an eco-regional initiative to support agricultural development in South Asia since 2009. CSISA’s aim is to use sustainable intensification technologies and management practices to enhance the productivity of cereal-based cropping systems, increase farm incomes, and reduce agriculture’s environmental footprint.
Under the minimal direction of the Senior Scientist (IRRI CSISA Coordinator), manage the Cereal Systems Initiative for South Asia (CSISA) project activities in India. Develop annual work plans and monitor the implementation. The position will also support coordination of activities at other CSISA sites in South Asia. Finalize reports for submission to supervisor and stakeholders. Sustain existing partnerships and create new associations. Prepare technical literature, disseminate results and activities relate to CSISA. Develop and organize training, workshops and other platforms for knowledge sharing. Manage the budget and expenditure of CSISA in India.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategically lead and plan for implementation and monitoring of CSISA project activities to achieve the overall project goal
- Develop and Review annual work and budget plans based on program objectives to define the team activities, plan specific outputs and milestones in coordination with the program management unit.
- Act as the Operational Head for IRRI CSISA staff based at various locations in India to manage the operational activities.
- Develop and oversee implementation of strategies in accordance with agreed objectives, outputs, and time lines as reflected in approved impact pathway documents
- Manage and monitor expenditures and liaise with IRRI financial office to ensure adequate financial reporting and ensure that operations follow the principle of full cost recovery
- Review and analyze progress of the defined objectives and propose recommendations to enhance performance of the institute.
- Manage and guide the implementation of research support activities to ensure timely data collection, management, analysis and dissemination of result and information.
- Finalize draft reports for submission to supervisor and stakeholders and technical literature to disseminate results.
- Development and implementation of effective communication strategy/ies
- Sustain existing partnerships, create new associations and investment opportunities
- Ensure oversight of risks and mitigation strategies to ensure delivery of the Project in line with agreed objectives
- Develop and maintain partnerships with various stakeholders including NARES partners, CSISA project staff in India (both CIMMYT and IRRI), and CSISA management to implement activities to meet the agreed CSISA project outputs and time lines.
- Engagement with public, civil and private sectors for the development and delivery of technologies for improved cereal production.
- Coordinate with collaborators and partners regarding the implementation of CSISA
- Participate in Institute wide activities and represent IRRI at various meetings or events.
- Organize and coordinate workshops, conferences and training (national and international) for CSISA capacity building of partners
- Maintain high level of engagement with public, civil and private sectors for the development and delivery of technologies
- Collaborate within country partners and IRRI team including objective leaders, and other scientists to achieve project milestones
- Oversight of the Project in liaison with IRRI India and HQ finance to ensure compliance.
- Identify, develop and implement models and tools for promoting modern system intensification technologies/interventions
- Organize and coordinate workshops, conferences, trainings (national and international) and exposure visits for capacity building of partners
- Prepare plans and finalize reports for submission to stakeholders and donors
- Manage the implementation of communication strategies and promote the dissemination of project findings through workshops and popular communication channels
- Lead/contribute in writing journal articles on sustainable intensification in rice-based cropping systems
- Identification and creation of new associations and investment opportunities
- Ensure risk management & control.
- PhD in Agronomy/Soil Science with a minimum of 8 years of experience in working on crop and natural resource management, precision agronomy, alternative crop establishment methods, and related mechanization. Also experience in developing training modules, technical literature, report writing and organizing on farm training.
- Has experience in managing a team or unit
- Has experience in developing strategies
- Has strong collaboration skills and has experience in creating long term partnerships including investment opportunities
- Has excellent leadership skills
- Has excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has management skills for implementing complex projects at national level
- Has strong report writing skills
- Experience of working in an international organisation
- House-Rent Allowance: IRRI provides a house rent allowance of 40% of base pay per month.
- Transport Allowance: A monthly transport allowance is provided to NRS as below: NRS L8: INR 10,000
- Dearness Allowance: One Hundred and Thirteen percent (113%) of employee’s base pay
- Leave Travel Allowance (LTA): One-month base pay per annum, on availing minimum 2 days of vacation leave
- Education Allowance: INR 1000/- per child per month (limited 2 children)
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd