Senior Director, Asia Partner Engagement (GLAS)
Apply By: 25 Sep 2019
About the Organization:
Accion is a global non-profit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. They catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector.
Post: Senior Director, Asia Partner Engagement (GLAS)
Accion currently provides advisory support in South and South East Asia to partners in India and Myanmar. In this position you will have oversight for GLAS’ current portfolio of advisory projects in the region, and serve as a senior GLAS resource for digital financial services in the region. This will include bringing new and appropriate technologies and channels to our partners, as well as identifying new business opportunities for GLAS’ expertise, including the expansion of Accion’s footprint in select priority countries (such as Pakistan and Indonesia).
Asia Program Management and Advisory Services
- Act as the senior strategic advisor to the Global Advisory Solutions teams’ clients and provide advice in the delivery of digitally based, data driven, client centered financial products and services, with the goal of improving efficiency, reducing cost and increasing scale for Accion’s partners.
- Serve as senior technical resource for “digital transformation” initiatives, such as with partners identified under the new Merchant Acceleration Partnership with Mastercard, with focus on accelerating FSPs’ growth strategies in reaching micro and small businesses with digitally enabled products and services.
- Provide advice in the design, modeling, and evaluation of the different initiatives proposed by technical teams, articulating potential partnerships with other organizations or providers, and facilitating strategic decision-making and high impact deliverables.
- Provide technical support to clients in our core service offerings (such as customer strategy, digital channels, strategic planning, etc.). in your area(s) of expertise
- Working closely with project managers, ensure projects are staffed, funded, monitored and controlled to ensure successful deliverable completion.
- Ensure project outputs and learnings are shared across the department throughout and at the close of each project.
Leadership and Team Management
- Provide coaching and management of the Advisory project teams that operate in the Asia region.
- Set objectives for the region and the regional team in line with overall Global Advisory Solutions team objectives.
- Monitor performance and provide feedback on progress against objectives.
- Identify development needs of your team and develop the team’s capacity where needed, particularly around the deployment of new technologies and channels.
- Identify skill gaps within the region and work with the Global Program Manager to develop a strategy to fill the gaps, including recruitment of new team members as well as building a deep roster of regional consultants to complement Accion’s advisory services.
- Identify and pursue opportunities with current and new partners for deploying Accion’s advisory support in core service offering areas, with particular focus on those with potential to be demonstration models for serving the underbanked. These may include opportunities around launching digital lending models, building a platform for supply chain finance, developing digitally enabled customer engagement tools and platforms, or leveraging data in different ways.
- Build deep relationships with regional vendors, including fintech companies, which may serve as implementation partners for our FSP clients.
- Grow Accion’s regional network in order to attract a wide array of human and financial resources.
- Oversee the development and presentation of project proposals to clients and/or donors, including support to overall scope development, pricing and negotiation.
- Identify and pursue new funding relationships in the region, in coordination with Resource Development.
- Advise and support our investment officers during due diligences in the region when required, and provide them with a technical point of view on potential deals.
- Actively participate in conferences, discussion forums, and other knowledge sharing and networking spaces to promote Accion and be a thought leader for the Asia region.
- Propose new, creative and impactful ideas to implement Accion’s strategy in the region.
- Minimum 15 years’ relevant experience in financial services gained through working with and/or advising financial services providers, and 3 years of experience in digital technology for financial services.
- Proven expertise in leading change management initiative for financial service provider
- Master’s degree in relevant area, MBA preferred.
- Deep understanding of financial technologies with a technology background and the capacity to provide strategic advice to FSPs on digital and technology related decisions.
- Solid network in the financial services field with deep understanding of the Asia market particularly in India. Experience in Myanmar and Indonesia also valued.
- Proven ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems quantitatively and/or qualitatively and make and be able to influence sound decisions based on available information.
- Extensive project management skills and a proven ability to manage and coach teams
- Proven client business development/sales and proven negotiating experience.
- Ability to travel at least 30% regionally and internationally
- Ability to speak and write fluent English is required.
For more information please click the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd