Senior Manager, Spectrum & Policy
Apply By: 27 Aug 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators with almost 400 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Spectrum & Policy
Department: Government & Regulatory Affairs
Location: New Delhi
Position type: Permanent
Reporting to: Senior Public Policy Director
About the Role:
- Will focus on securing that the objectives of the National Digital Plan in India are met, especially as regards issues pertaining to presently allocated spectrum and spectrum roadmaps for the future, This will involve short term lobbying close to policy decisions but also long term strategic interventions and influencing to create longer term understanding and support.
- The GSMA is a matrix organization and within it you will be expected to coordinate your actions closely with the APAC Policy team (based in Hong Kong), specifically the Director of Spectrum who is responsible for the APAC work in the field, and the London-based Spectrum team. This will require the ability to co-ordinate and prioritize requests and positions and align activities. You will be our thought leader and strategist in India.
- Will work more broadly with our regulatory team, of which this is part, and will be exposed, to other GSMA initiatives.
- Will provide insight, knowledge and analysis on the Indian market sector that will feed into multiple streams, though spectrum issues will be the primary focus
Skills & Experience:
- Will be an experienced regulatory manager who is very comfortable in influencing and quickly establishing relationships with a wide variety of people at all level
- Will be experienced and networked in the field of communications regulation in India. Proficiency in English – both verbal and written
- A strong understanding of the underlying technology, economics and strategies employed by the mobile industry
- A strong understanding, experience of and networks in the Indian ICT Ministry and regulatory community and the surrounding ecosystem
- Specific and deep knowledge of spectrum policy, policy processes and practices in India and in related multilateral organisations (e.g. ITU groups)
- Experience of working in the Asian mobile sector, preferably in more than one country in South Asia
- Ability to coordinate and prioritise multiple competing priorities
- A structured approach, able to react, plan and intervene to solve specific issues at high speed
- A strategic mind-set that allows for forward planning and alignment
- A very strong networker and relationship builder
- A superb presenter, communicator and influencer
- A self-starter, a natural sharer yet able to determine one’s own priorities and work remotely.
- An ability and willingness to travel to Pakistan will be a plus
For more information please click the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd