Senior Operations Officer (Business Manager)
Organization: World Bank Group
Apply By: 31 Jul 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the organization
Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Senior Operations Officer (Business Manager) will work under the direct supervision of the Country Director (CD) and the Operations Manager (OM) and assist both in the business and management aspects of the country program and Country Office to ensure the effective and efficient use of resources and assets. In close collaboration and coordination with other corporate units within the World Bank. More specifically the Senior Operations Officer (Business Manager) will:
- WPA (Work Program Agreement) Planning: Assist in country program management, including business planning and work program preparation, WPA budget allocation, monitoring of work program and budget implementation, coordinate contingency release, mid-year budget adjustments and progress reporting.
- External Funds Management: Serve as a focal point for CMU (Country Management Unit) on external funds including EFOs (Externally Financed Output), RAS (Reimbursable Advisory Services)and BETF (Bank-Executed Trust Fund); provide proactive and strategic management of CMUs external fund's portfolio and leads on problem-solving with respect to fund status, including alerting teams on specific requirements including extensions, closing dates, funds availability and utilization, reporting and assurance requirements; design and implement efficient control and monitoring process for external funds.
- Portfolio Monitoring Support: Work with OM to analyze and monitor work programs, portfolio and operation performance especially disbursements monitoring, quality and trends.
- Liaison with TRE (Treasury): As a member of CMU liaise closely with TRE on issues or clarification for tasks teams or clients relating to financial products and related risk mitigation options, repayments and prepayments of loans/credits.
- Specific Sector Support: Provide updates to CMU management team on implementation progress of specific sectors/Global Practices as inputs into the ISRs (Implementation Status and Results Report), and provide comments to PCNs (Project Concept Notes), PADs (Project Appraisal Document), ICRs (Implementation Completion and Results Report) and other documents as necessary; contribute to problem resolution with task teams;
- ACS (Administrative and Client Support) Management: Support OM with ACS work program allocation and staff management including day-to-day management and supervision of approximately 60 administrative staff; participate in strategic staffing discussion and performance reviews for ACS and Admin Teams; support design and implementation of Learning Programs for the ACS staff.
- SAP Approver: On behalf of the CD and the OM approves commitments, travel and payments in the bank systems.
- Facilities and Travel: Assist OM with the overall administration of the New Delhi office including Assurance – Taxation and Audits, Administrative Procurement, Protocol – Imports and Customs, and interactions with Government, General Services – De/Leasing, Facilities Management, Security, and Travel – Airlines/Hotel Contracting, Visa and Travel Agency management.
- Focal Point with other units and agencies: Focal Point for work with BPS ( Budget, Performance Review and Strategic Planning), HSD (Health and Safety Directorate ), GCS (Global Corporate Solutions), UN (United Nations) Agencies in India and Government of India, on matters relating to administration and direction.
- Capital Projects: Accountable for monitoring, oversight and support to capital projects in coordination with GCS (Global Corporate Solutions ), GCSGO (Global and Security Information), and BPS (Budget, Performance Review and Strategic Planning).
- PPM Budget Management: Monitor the utilization of PPM (Program and Practice Management) resources, including providing periodically updated information for budget monitoring and supervision.
- Admin Team Management: Day to day management of Admin team incl. staff reviews.
Please note that this is a country office position based in India,subject to Local Recruitment under the New Delhi, India Compensation plan. If a staff member holding an HQ/International position is selected into this position, then the staff member would convert to a Local appointment (i.e., a local salary and no expatriate benefits).
- MA/MS or Doctorate in a relevant discipline with 8 years of experience in Bank Operations or a similar organization.
- Wide range of operational experience as leader of task teams across a range of Bank operational and analytical products; recognized as an operations/portfolio expert by peers and managers.
- Prior experience working in a CMU context is a plus.
- Actively shapes, drives and provides high level contributions; is a strong self-starter with high energy and good people skills, and can multi-task and reliably deliver under tight deadlines.
- Responds quickly to client demands, finds ways to improve effectiveness; able to understand and operate effectively in complex situations, with due regard to political economy, social and cultural contexts.
- Has independent judgment, ability to influence, knows to balance multiple stakeholder expectations and objectives;
- Strong team player, able to collaborate closely with colleagues and across borders.
- Strong record of problem solving and innovation and the ability to adapt to new challenges.
- Strong client orientation and ability to communicate clearly and articulately both verbally and in writing complex messages to a variety of stakeholders; the ability to balance flexibility, with firmness and clarity of message, while operating in sensitive environments.
For moe information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd