Senior Program officer- Clinical trials
Organization: Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
Apply By: 30 Apr 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is a not-for-profit Section 8, Schedule B, Public Sector Enterprise, set up by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India as an Interface Agency to strengthen and empower the emerging Biotech enterprise to undertake strategic research and innovation, addressing nationally relevant product development needs.
The National Biopharma Mission is an Industry-Academia Collaborative Mission of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India for Accelerating Early Development for Biopharmaceuticals; to be implemented by Biotechnology Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)-a Public Sector Undertaking of DBT Approved by the Government for implementation at a total cost US$ 250 million the Mission is co-funded 50% with World Bank loan assistance
Position: Senior Program officer: Clinical trials
Duration: The above position is on a 3 years contract period extendable till the length of the Program duration based on performance. The candidate selected shall be kept on probation for a period of three months.
Age Limit: 35 Years
Salary: Consolidated remuneration of Rs. 75,000/- per month
The Program officer (PO) will serve in the Program Management Unit for i3 program at BIRAC. Reporting to Program Manager, PMU the PO will get opportunity to contribute to strategic thinking for establishing clinical trials and responsibility for overseeing the clinical trials network and clinical trials being funded under NBM; communicate progress and setbacks against strategic goals; and importantly create and manage grants/contracts as part of a team for various projects supported under the Mission.
- Coordinating with stakeholders involved in clinical trial conduct and management
- Responsibilities for Implementation of the Mission Program which includes writing of
- RFAs for soliciting proposals, working with national and international experts for scientific evaluation and assessment of proposal.
- Working with Legal and Finance to get all necessary Contracts and Agreements ready for the I3 Program.
- Coordination and administration of all aspects of new and ongoing projects including planning and implementation.
- Responsible for all Program Investment and Financial Planning.
- Ensure timely execution of all activities.
- Proper monitoring both technical and financial of the projects working closely with the
- Scientific and Technical Advisory groups for project review, new area prioritization and preparing a strategy for implementation.
- Responsible for organizing all Meetings, Interaction and Advisory Group Discussion including international conferences and workshops.
- In addition to scientific expertise, the Program Manager must also bring in passion, humility, and critical thinking for the unique problems and the questions relevant to BIRAC’s mission.
- Prepare and implement an effective communication and outreach strategy.
- To work and communicate with grantees and key stakeholders including members of
- Technical Advisory Groups, BIRAC, DBT and World Bank.
Qualifications and Experience:
- M.Sc in Life Sciences / Biological Sciences with minimum 4 years of experience in managing Clinical trials
- Experience in Monitoring of clinical trials (Phase I to Phase III clinical trials)
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills in positions requiring communications in a broad and diverse audience on a range of complex technical issues.
- Demonstrated strong planning and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated capacity and Experience to handle collaboration within an organization and with external partners, as well as ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy as part of a team effort.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Proactive and flexible nature with reliable follow-through and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and in a cooperative and collegial fashion.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestic and international.
Interested candidate may apply at the firstname.lastname@example.org in the prescribed format at Document I. Applications received by post and not on the prescribed format shall not be considered.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd