Senior Qualitative Researcher– Public Health
Organization: Vihara Innovation Network
Apply By: 01 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Vihara is a user centred driven social impact enterprise. Our work involves working on some of the most pressing challenges in Public Health such as Immunization, Quality of care, Maternal & Child health. Vihara works along the complete cycle of innovation - from using ethnographic research to gather behavioural insights, designing innovative solutions to address complex systemic challenges, to working with relevant partners to create implementation pathways for ideas to become real and aid uptake of innovations.
Vihara’s has a strong theory of impact oriented towards improving quality of care in public health, especially in the fields of maternal health, Child health & Immunization. We are an extremely agile organization, with roles and functions that cut across disciplines, and are looking for people who are comfortable handling multiple responsibilities, have a managerial bent of mind, and most importantly who are as dedicated as us in achieving meaningful social impact.
Vihara is seeking a Senior Qualitative research to join our Research team in exploring some of the most pressing challenges of Public Health in India from a variety of verticals such as Family Planning, WASH, MCH & Nutrition . The individual is expected to inspire and work with multidisciplinary Vihara teams and clients through a journey of discovery across a broad spectrum of projects.
Designation: Senior Qualitative Researcher– Public Health
Experience: 5+ years
Response to application: Within 3 days
Masters in Development Studies (Social Work, Sustainable Development), Social Sciences (Anthropology, Sociology or Psychology), and/or related fields.
Manage qualitative Research projects through all stages of the research process;
- Translating strategic questions and objectives into research projects
- Determine appropriate methodologies, sampling structures and brief local recruiters on recruitment
- Produce discussion guides for data collection for variety of projects
- Brief moderators before research to communicate research objectives, and ensure the guide is clear
- Analyze transcripts and produce reports addressing defined research objectives, keeping in mind broader strategy
- Understanding around Market research, Consumer segmentation, family typologies, and social behavioral research is a must.
Communicate research findings both internally and externally – presentations, reports and briefings
Develop content knowledge for supporting project teams in designing project interventions
- Develop an understanding of market landscape around Public health, upcoming projects, and partner’s data-base knowledge.
- Collaborating with & guiding the design team in iteratively implementing innovations in the field
- Conceptualization and delivery of Research projects, while leading a team of design & research associates
- Developing implementable programs out of Vihara’s existing suite of innovations in public health, and building implementation pathways and partnerships
- Providing technical inputs and feedback to the design team, to make our innovations relevant from a Public Health perspective.
Being a focal point for management of stakeholder engagements and communications with Government health departments, community, donors & partner organizations
- Building & maintaining partnerships with relevant technical & implementing organizations
- Building intelligence on public health priorities of donors & govt. Stakeholders through stakeholder engagement, conferences & events
- Co-creating proposals & concept notes with partners & donors
- Attending client meetings as a public health technical expert, and representing Vihara’s work in the domain
You own this if you have:
- Delivering projects on time and budget, while managing a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience working in Public Health and deep understanding of Public Health infrastructure in India
- Strong qualitative research skills and experience; experience working with qualitative analysis software’s (eg. NVivo, Atlas suites etc.)
- The ability to manage a team of researchers, while working closely with the research lead and other senior members of the organization
- The ability to conduct interviews with rural populations, government officials, village leaders, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Capacity to write reports, proposals, documents, user journeys, stories from the field, blogs etc.
- Experience in generating insights from the field data and apply creatively to project objectives
- Ability work collaboratively in a team to problem solves and ideates solutions
- Ability to differentiate and lead convergent and divergent brainstorming activities; generate quick, diverse concepts during ideation and brainstorming sessions.
- Good planning and time management skills for effective task management
- Experience working in Public Health, and deep understanding of Public Health infrastructure in India.
- Ability to work with designers and understand the design and innovation process.
- Enthusiasm to learn new concepts and ways of working
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Interested candidates with relevant experience may e-mail their CV, writing samples/portfolios, covering letter (along with current/ last drawn salary and expected salary) to email@example.com with the subject line as “Senior Qualitative Researcher”.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd