Senior Research Assistant
Organization: The Public Health Foundation of India
Apply By: 17 May 2019
About the organization
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is a public private initiative that has collaboratively evolved through consultations with multiple constituencies including Indian and international academia, state and central governments, multi & bi-lateral agencies and civil society groups. PHFI is a response to redress the limited institutional capacity in India for strengthening training, research and policy development in the area of Public Health.
The Centre for Environmental Health is a joint initiative of the Public Health Foundation of India and the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (Mumbai), and has been established with generous support from Tata Sons and Tata Consultancy Services. Environmental Health is an area of growing interest for PHFI, with our work in the space expanding over the past few years to address issues related to air pollution, climate change, pesticide use, and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), while the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) has been in the forefront of studying the social, economic and environmental determinants of health. This collaborative effort aims to set up this much-needed platform in India for dedicated and high quality research and capacity building in the area of environmental health. In addition to a portfolio of research in areas such as air pollution, chemical exposures and WASH, the Center would like to develop a portfolio of work in the energy space aligning with objectives of climate change work. Under this the Center plans to assess the landscape of challenges and opportunities for transition to renewable energies, with special focus but not limiting to, the health sector.
- Develop a portfolio of work in the energy space at the Centre aligning with objectives of climate change work in the team.
- Assess the landscape of challenges and opportunities for transition to renewable energies, with special focus but not limiting to, the health sector.
- Conduct landscape analysis, hold stakeholder dialogues, and produce a report that identifies a roadmap to scale renewable energy across the health sector in the country in terms of policy, investment, efficiency measures etc. in both public and private health sector realms.
- Evolve strategy and methodologies with the team to collect data, track, measure, and report on health care’s energy use in India.
- Lead analysis of the data collected and produce short reports for dissemination
- Foster the adoption of renewable energy across the health sector through sensitization, awareness-building, demonstration and evaluation of best practice
- Contribute to relevant work pieces in the Centre linking energy and climate change.
- Liaise with NGOs, government institutions, private sector, media and civil society stakeholders
- Coordinate with HR, Administration and Finance team as and when required.
- Take up any other work assigned by the TSU Team Leader TI.
Essential: Master Degree/Post Graduate degree in public health related field.
Desirable: Candidate with PhD. Degree is desirable.
Essential: Around 5 years of experience in public health or related field.
Desirable: Prior experience of working in environment health projects.
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality graduate / post-graduate education.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
- PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
- The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd