Senior Research Associate, Agronomist
Organization: International Potato Center (CIP)
Apply By: 16 Sep 2019
About the Organization:
International Potato Center (CIP) is a research facility based in Lima, Peru, that seeks to reduce poverty and achieve food security on a sustained basis in developing countries through scientific research and related activities on potato, sweet potato, other root and tuber crops, and on the improved management of natural resources in the Andes and other mountain areas
About the Role:
The Senior Research Associate will work with the project team and other partners on the implementation of project activities in the field, collection of research data, publication of research findings, and that those findings are translated into a form that will enable practitioners to take new methods and tools to scale. In addition, the scientist will also help with capacity strengthening efforts linked to building a community of practice knowledgeable in potato seed systems, crop management and post-harvest management. The position requires an experienced potato person with good quantitative and writing skills combined with an ability to teach complex topics to researchers at different levels of expertise and as well it will be an opportunity to develop publications. The position will be based in Bhubaneswar, India and report directly to the Project Manager.
- Conduct demonstrations on improved production practices related to plant or soil nutrition, pest and disease management, mechanization and water management.
- Conduct field visits to monitor and collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes
- Work closely with the project team in developing production practices by integrating varieties with improved production practices to improve farmers’ income.
- Provide trainings to farmers, project partners and extension agents on improved production practices.
- Contribute to writing training materials, technical progress reports and annual reviews and work plans as directed by the Project Manager.
- Assist the project manager in administrative tasks and activities related to knowledge management and generating communication outputs for users of technologies.
- Masters or higher degree in Agronomy or any other Plant Science
- At least 8 years of experience in field work preferably on potato
- Expertise in experimental design related to field agronomy, data collection, analysis, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines
- Experience of coordinating and technical reporting
- Good record of scientific and technical publications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Strong understanding of integrating gender and other social equity considerations into project design and delivery
- Ability to organize work and write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English and fluent in Hindi.
- Willing to travel extensively in India and in the region
- Great career opportunity in an international organization
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience
- One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on September 16, 2019 and will continue until the post is filled.
For more information p lease click the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd