Senior Research Associate-Water Resources Research Centre for Environment and Development
Organization: Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE)
Apply By: 23 Oct 2019
About the Organization:
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE) is a non-profit research organization based in India, which generates interdisciplinary knowledge to inform policy and practice in conservation and sustainable development. For over two decades, ATREE has worked on social and environmental issues at local to global levels, and is now recognized as one of the top 20 think-tanks on the environment, globally.
Position: Senior Research Associate, Water Resources Research Centre for Environment and Development
About the Centre:
The Centre for Environment and Development at ATREE tries to understand how the process of development - economic, technological, socio-cultural and political - can lead to sustainable and equitable use of natural resources as well as contribute to poverty alleviation and increasing human wellbeing. Most of the research and policy outreach activities of the Centre are focused on forests, climate change, land, and water systems.
They are looking for a highly motivated, passionate young researcher, who is motivated to finding solutions to address India’s water crisis. The researcher must be able to analyse data and build models to help better understand and anticipate the trajectory of watersheds under multiple drivers of change such as urbanization, land use change, deforestation etc.
The Senior Research Associate will:
- Perform hydrologic, hydraulic, or water quality modeling with attention to anthropogenic modifications of watersheds and aquifers.
- Work with a team of researchers to oversee projects and develop strategies for watersheds to achieve stakeholder defined water availability, and conservation goals.
- Communicate research results to help develop plans to protect and restore watersheds.
- Write proposals, project reports, informational brochures, or other documents, water supply and demand, or other water resource subjects.
- Present water resource proposals to government, public interest groups, or community groups.
- Post Graduate degree in an applicable field with 5+ years of experience in water resources research
- Curiosity in understanding the causes of changes in watersheds and innovativeness in developing “simple but realistic” models is a must.
- Willingness to engage in field research, instrumentation and interact with stakeholders is a must.
- Strong modelling and data analytics skills
- Knowledge of coding in R, Python and/or Visual Basic is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to organise work, manage time, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Commitment towards sustainability and social inclusion as values
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd