Senior Research Fellow - Health and Education
Organization: Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation
Apply By: 25 Apr 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About The Organization:
The Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation (KSCF), set up by Nobel Peace Laureate, Mr. Kailash Satyarthi, is a global leader for prevention of exploitation and violence against children. KSCF works for the creation of a child-friendly world through policy advocacy, direct interventions and programmes, research and capacity building, and campaigns for the mobilization of mass support and sustained behaviour change.
The Senior Research Fellow (Health) will be responsible for ideating and conducting primary and secondary research to determine and develop deeper understanding of issues related to child rights/protection/health and/or safety. These studies are undertaken with the objective of strengthening child protection practices and policies across India and to generate the necessary evidence to globally promote child-friendly environments and provide knowledge support and recommendations to other verticals of KSCF for their effective functioning. S/he will report to the Executive Director (Research) and supervise research staff/team/s as and when required.
- Conceptualize and prioritise clear, logical and compelling research studies that highlight the challenges of child health & education and collect evidence for solution
- Plan and execute primary and secondary research studies; develop detailed study protocol and design study instruments in consultation with team; analysis and interpretation of research studies; preparing annual action plan and budget for research
- Develop credible partnerships and collaborations with research partners and organizations.
- Respond to Requests for Proposals and research study opportunities that include bidding, shortlisting of agencies and contracting processes
- Conduct expert group meetings and multi stakeholder consultations as per requirement
- Conduct training programmes for research staff, data collection, quality assurance, analysis and monitoring of data collection staff
- Prepare regular updates and archive key data from different sources
- Perform any other work related responsibilities assigned by the Executive Director
- All budget/administrative/HR/IT related activities as required
- Coordinate regular team meetings and manage updates/progress reports and team and activity management
- Handle procurements related to research
- Manage consultant (individual & agency) contracts
- Prepare minutes of the meeting and documentation
Skills & Competencies for the role:
- Understanding of the social, economic and political context and status of children
- in India and their health, nutrition and education
- Strong understanding of laws related to children viz, UNCRC, RTI Act, ICDS, ICPS, NCLP, etc.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analytical skills
- Experience in handling large-scale data sets and Census data
- Demonstrated documentation and report writing skills
- Strong language proficiency in English and Hindi; Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team work capabilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities with attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within deadlines
Qualifications and Experience:
- The candidate should have an Ph.D/M.Phil Degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Demography, Statistics, Economics, Sociology or Psychology from a reputed university/institute
Experience & Exposure:
- Candidates with Ph.D. degree must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in child health, nutrition, education or other related development programmes and research initiatives
- Candidates with M.Phil degree must have a minimum of 7 years’ experience of working in child health, nutrition, education or other related development programmes and research initiatives
- Experience of statistical analysis using SPSS, STATA.
- Experience of use of qualitative data analysis software
- Experience of conducting primary and secondary research studies, collecting and using quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience and understanding of issues of the human rights field, including the promotion and protection of the rights of children.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd