Senior Research Fellow / Research Fellow (SMARThealth)
Organization: George Institute for Global Health
Apply By: 31 May 2019
About the Institute
The George Institute for Global Health was established in India in 2007 to generate high quality evidence and improve the health of millions of Indians by reducing premature deaths and disability from non-communicable diseases like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, kidney disease, stroke, mental health, and injuries.
Context & Role:
The Senior Research Fellow / Research Fellow is expected to take a leading role in the development and implementation of the programme, and foster newer relationships and develop collaborations with other organisations in India for implementation of the SMARThealth program.The position requires comprehensive knowledge and experience in large-scale primary care implementation of health system interventions. Knowledge and experience in evaluation methodology will be a major advantage.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships, including relationships with partners and collaborating with staff as well as investigators at different sites
- Drafting and submitting ethics approvals for the study at each site, and any other regulatory approvals
- Contributing to development of, and implementing the programme, involving the recruitment of staff, patients; data collection at baseline and follow-up
- Developing and adhering to standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the programme implementation, and supporting study sites in implementing SOPs
- Managing the SMARThealth training programme
- Facilitating data management and analysis and contributing to reports, publications and presentations
- Accessing, reviewing and collating relevant peer-reviewed literature as well as non-peer- reviewed reports
- Contributing to the development of funding applications and other proposals
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Medical or health science degree
- Appropriate post-graduate qualification (Masters or Doctoral qualification) in Public Health, epidemiology or a related subject in medicine or allied-health fields including community medicine.
- Experience in the conduct and management of large scale healthcare programme implementation
- Experience in epidemiological or clinical studies and/or health systems research studies would be an advantage
- Previous experience in undertaking literature reviews, and writing for publication in peer- reviewed journals would be an advantage, as would experience in developing funding applications
- An understanding of the importance of data quality and accuracy
- Demonstrable experience of working within large teams
- Availability and willingness to undertake national and international travel
- Excellent problem solving skills and some analytical skills
- Well organized with good time management skills
- Ability to work in cross-cultural settings
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their resume to email@example.com clearly mentioning the job title ' Senior Research Fellow / Research Fellow (SMARThealth)' in the subject line by 31 May 2019.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd