State coordinator (Child Protection) - Uttarakhand
Organization: Bachpan Bachao Andolan
Apply By: 31 May 2019
About the Organization:
Bachpan Bachao Andolan (BBA) is a pioneering grassroots movement against trafficking, forced labour, sexual abuse and other forms of exploitation of children in India. Founded in the year 1980 by Nobel Peace Laureate Kailash Satyarthi, BBA envisions the creation of a child friendly society through active participation of children and collaborative engagement with the government and civil society.
The State Coordinator (Child Protection) will be responsible for providing technical support to state and district legal enforcement systems including police and prosecutors, act as the essential link between investigating officers and prosecutors and monitor child protection systems (e.g., ensure compensation for rescued children.)
- Identifying the status of child protection in the State and identifying issues at state and district level.
- Networking with law enforcement and child protection agencies, to collaborate on issues of prevention, protection, prosecution and rehabilitation of children.
- Identifying challenges within individual agencies, and in inter-agency coordination in rendering services, and assisting agencies to collaboratively arrive at short-term and long-term solutions.
- Coordinating the functions of the legal aid cell on child rights including access to case representation and follow up of cases.
- Taking cognizance of individual cases and extending legal support.
- Ensuring adherence to child friendly procedures at all levels during rescue, investigation and trial in cases of crime against children.
- Taking up initiatives for legal awareness, literacy and empowerment, especially women and children.
- Identifying gaps in enforcement and training and developing linkages for addressing them.
- Providing assistance to government agencies in all matters concerning protection, prosecution and rehabilitation of child survivors.
- Ensuring coordination and convergence in activities regarding prevention, protection and rehabilitation by all child protection and law enforcement agencies, within the state and with other states.
- Alliance building with NGOs and grassroots organizations and extending legal support.
- Building network with PoCs of other states for better coordination and best practice sharing.
- Processing documentation, data recording and maintenance, and reporting of input, activities, outputs, outcome, challenges, impact, and best practices and overall coordination with Central Office.
- Taking up all activities for overall strengthening of Legal Services Authority, and enabling focus on child rights
Competencies for the role:
- Functional knowledge: Understanding of the areas of work the organization works in (child rights)
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Problem Solving: Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Teamwork: Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Self-driven: Consistently maintain high levels of activity or productivity and operate with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time
Qualifications and Experiences:
- A post graduate in social work, law, social sciences or related fields from a recognized university.
Experience & Exposure:
- 6-10 years of relevant experience of working in development sector in the field of child rights.
- Experience and passion for Child rights.
- Ability to drive to action - can 'make things happen'
- Strong interpersonal skills and public relation skills.
Language and Communication Skills:
- Strong writing and language skills, in English and a regional language (Hindi or any other).
For more information please check the Link
Apply to ISDMs 1 Year Management Programme for Social Sector | Upto 100% Scholarship available. Apply now
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd