Technical Specialist / Deputy Chief of Party - DMPA India
Organization: Abt Associates
Apply By: 24 Oct 2019
About the Organization:
Abt Associates are an engine for social impact, fuelled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that move people from vulnerability to security. Whether it's welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, they address the world's most pressing issues.
Position Title: Technical Specialist / Deputy Chief of Party - DMPA India
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance-as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
With the support of the Gates and Packard Foundations, Abt Associates Inc. is implementing a three year project to support the national roll out of Injectable Contraceptive (IC) by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW). The aim of the project is to provide technical assistance to the Government of India and 5 states viz. Bihar, UP, Haryana, Maharashtra and Rajasthan in rolling out ICs in the public sector health facilities so as to expand contraceptive choices for women in the MPV states.
In order to support Public sector IC rollout, Abt will provide onsite capacity building and service strengthening in district and subdistrict facilities to improve uptake of Antara and client satisfaction. The project will support the injectable users through a telephone based counselling service called Careline for follow up and continuation. This position will support the CoP in project management and leadership, state govt coordination and approvals and documentation and learnings. This position will also lead the generating of usable and actionable, stakeholder specific inferences from the analysis of project data and its regular reporting and dissemination to MOHFW, State Governments, and Gates and Packard foundations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing strong managerial and technical support across 5 states
- Develop detailed plans and timelines and monitor progress
- Capture program learnings across the 5 state activities and support disseminations to Govt, donors and technical partners
- Support Deputy Directors for high level state meetings
- Produce periodic reports and presentations for donor and partner meetings
- Support CoP on various strategic meetings, travels and coordinating with Abt HO on all technical, managerial and admin actions
- Work closely with MLE teams for efficient data collection, analysis and timely preparation of the project dashboard and monthly and quarterly reports
- Support project management activities and deputize for the CoP as required
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites:
- Post graduate Medical degree/ Public Health/ Health Management or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience working on Family Planning, public health and program management
- Experience of working with the Government at the State or National level
- Familiar with principles of Research management, interpreting data and distilling program learning
- Experience implementing complex and multi-faceted projects is required, with demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Willingness to travel a minimum of 10% time every month across project geographies
- Demonstrated skills of Personnel management, analytical and critical thinking, problem solving, presentation skills, and strong written and oral communication
Minimum Qualifications: (10+) years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd