Organization: Social Impact
Apply By: 25 Oct 2019
About the Organization:
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth.
The purpose of this activity is to conduct a mid-term performance evaluation of the “Program to Strengthen Self Reliance and Resilience of Tibetan Communities in South Asia (India and Nepal)” to determine the extent to which progress is being made towards improving sustainable livelihoods improvement in the Tibetan communities and strengthening of Tibetan institutions. The evaluation is being conducted after two and half years of program implementation. Findings from data generated through this evaluation, will be used by USAID/India, the Tibet Fund (TTF), and the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA), to inform implementation and management decisions over the rest of the implementation period.
Social Impact is seeking to hire two technical specialists with expertise in one or more of the following areas: livelihoods, instructional capacity building, gender, and refugee populations. Fieldwork is expected to take place for approximately 2 weeks in November, early-December 2019. Only applicants with available during this time period will be considered.
- Participate in the development of the evaluation design and data collection instruments
- Administer interview with stakeholders in India and/or Nepal
- Contribute to the development of project deliverables, including the research plan, draft report, and final report
- Communicate project results to key stakeholders
- Master’s degree or higher in international relations, social sciences, economics or any relevant field
- At least 3 years of experience in research, including implementing various data collection approaches with an emphasis on qualitative interviewing through Key Informant Interviews and Focus Group Discussions
- Preferred experience working with the Tibetan populations in Nepal or India
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in any of the major Indian or Nepalese languages and English required
Note: This is a local position. Only those with Indian or Nepali citizenship, or Tibetans residing in India or Nepal, will be eligible to apply
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd