Organization: International Center for Research on Women
Apply By: 12 May 2019
About the Organization:
The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) is a global research institute with headquarters in Washington, D.C., and regional offices in New Delhi, India and Kampala, Uganda. Their research evidence identifies women’s contributions as well as the obstacles that prevent them from being economically strong and able to fully participate in society.
Generic Title: Technical Specialist 1
Functional Title: State Program Coordinator
Reports To: Project Lead
Location: Sirohi district/ Udaipur or Jodhpur district (Rajasthan)
About the Project:
ICRW will be designing and implementing a school-based intervention Gender Equity Movement in Schools (GEMS) - Boys in two districts of Rajasthan, Sirohi and Udaipur/Jodhpur. The aim of the intervention is to engage school going boys using gender transformative approaches on building understanding on gender-based violence (GBV) and bringing down the overall experience of GBV by boys and girls both. The program will be implemented in collaboration with the government of Rajasthan, department of education and State Institute of Education Research and Training (SIERT), Rajasthan and local partners. It will also include building capacities of teachers and key stakeholders in the education department with an aim to engage on the issue and lead the program in schools across two districts, to work towards positive attitude and behavior change on GBV among school going boys and girls.
The Technical Specialist 1 will be responsible for providing managerial and technical expertise in programming and research to the above-mentioned project. The incumbent will be required to work both in teams and independently on project. Based on team and institutional priorities, the incumbent will undertake other tasks as assigned by the project lead.
- Works in close collaboration with senior staff to define and update strategic direction and work plans of the project
- Provides day-to-day management of project work streams and plans, including monitoring, coordinating and updating work plan to ensure project team, consultants and partners are on track with intermediate and final deadlines for deliverables
- Ensures that team is on track to produce deliverables according to plans; manages routine communications with the team, consultants and partners on the routine functioning of the project; and produces project reports and updates, as needed with guidance of Project Lead
- Assists in staffing management and ensures team members and consultants have necessary support and are fully utilized
- Financial management of the project in coordination with the Project lead
- Management and coordination with state and district officials of the departments relevant for program implementation in consultation with Project Lead
Research, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- With the guidance of Project lead, supports conceptual development and leads implementation of project’ research and program activities and deliverables, formative research and monitoring & learning.
- Support in analyzing and synthesizing research findings on complex issues and develops products relevant to a range of audiences, most notably non-research audiences
- Provides technical support to partners, including on conceptual and program design, research, capacity building, and dissemination of results
- Support in Producing project-related technical deliverables, including research briefs, power point presentations, white papers, and M&E guidelines, indicators and frameworks
- Supervise and mentor block coordinators
- Support in processing payments and narrative/ annual/ any project related reports in consultation with Project Lead and Finance team
- Manage partners relationship together with Project lead
- Support in Project Financials – report expenditures, account reconciliation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in social science (Gender and Development Studies, Social Work, Population Studies, Health, Economics Population Studies or Sociology,) with research and program experience. Understanding and experience of working on issues of gender-based violence and adolescent SRH issues is desirable
- Five to seven years’ experience in the relevant field with out of which atleast two years in project management, working in collaboration with government departments and partner organizations is required. Experience in conducting research, monitoring and evaluation, report writing, budget maintenance, and work planning is desirable. Experience of working with school-based program is preferred.
Language proficiency: Proficiency in English and Hindi
- Must possess excellent writing, communication, and analytical skills. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must possess computer literacy to include a proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel), Internet applications including online database applications
- Must be a team player with the ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Experience in planning and implementing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for projects and portfolios of projects required.
- Assists in preparation for and coordination of meetings, events, trainings and workshops.
- Assists in knowledge management; maintains printed resource materials, shares information on new publications; maintains team files and databases.
- Any other task as may be allotted from time to time by the Supervisor/Regional Director.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter stating why you are suitable for this position along with their up to date Resume and current and expected remunerations.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd