Trainer cum Sign Language Interpreter (Persons with Disabilities)
Organization: Amhi Amchya Arogyasathi
Apply By: 22 Aug 2019
Trainer cum Sign Language Interpreter
Job Description/Terms of Reference (ToR)
About the Organization –
Amhi Amchya Arogyasathi (AAA) was founded in the year 1984 with the objective to address the issues of the community related to women, tribal, dalit and poor through the community empowerment approach of "Let’s find our own way". AAA is known for its role to build the capacities of the community for self-reliance and empowerment. The organization has been active in the programs like women's empowerment and gender sensitization, health education and services, life-oriented informal education, food security and livelihood enhancement, community based rehabilitation of the persons with disabilities.
About Project -
Amhi Amchya Arogyasathi believing in the principal of equality and equity inspiring many unemployed differently able youth through helping them enhancing their skills and facilitating for their placements in relevant sectors. The program is in association with Hyderabad based Youth4Jobs foundation.
This program provides two months residential training to the youth with disabilities (especially locomotor impaired and speech and hearing impaired) between the age group of 18 to 30 years having minimum SSC education. These youth are trained in composite training program in which they study basic knowledge of Retail, Manufacturing, Tele-communication, Hospitality sectors along with skills of personality development, life skills, computer and spoken English.
The training to the speech and hearing impaired candidates is given in sign language hence there is a need of the person who knows sign language and able to deliver training to the candidates.
Position – Trainer cum Sign Language Interpreter
Number of Position – 1
Duration of Project – One Year Initially
Location – Nagpur
- Conduct training in Soft Skills, Life Skills and Trade Specific Skills as per the training modules.
- Maintain and ensure smooth functioning of the training program at the centre.
- Enrol the eligible candidates in the training program and Counsel the youth with disability during the training program.
- Network with organisations working with Persons with Disabilities.
- Work as an interpreter at centre, during interviews, sensitization workshop and other programmes organised by the organization.
- Travel with the candidates for placements and conduct on job trainings for them.
- Counsel candidates during mobilization, enrolment in training, placement and post placement.
- Coordinate with Corporate Partner Company for placement of the trained candidates.
- Assist for the registration of the new candidates, filling their forms with all supportive documents and making its entries in computer.
- Once in a month attain meeting of the organization.
Required Qualification and Experience –
- Fluency in Sign Language
- Graduation or Post Graduation in any relevant degrees.
- Computer literacy preferably should complete the MS-CIT course OR having knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Minimum 1year of experience of working as sign language trainer or interpreter
- Fluency Hindi, Marathi and understanding of English.
- Facilitation Skills
- Teaching Skills
- Mentoring Skills
- Communication Skills
- Ability to coordinate with different stakeholders
Remuneration – in the range of INR 20,000/- to 23,000/- depending upon the experience and previous salary
- The position will be under the “Employment and Skill Enhancement for Persons with Disabilities based at Nagpur”.
Email id for sharing updated CV: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd