Training Officer - Prerna Technical Support Project (PTSP)
Organization: Project Concern International India (PCI India)
Apply By: 17 Jan 2020
Location: Lucknow(Uttar Pradesh)
About the Organization:
Project Concern International (PCI) has been working since 1998 to improve a broad range of integrated health and development outcomes and now has a presence across 10 states. PCI mobilizes communities in a way that effectively leverages, strengthens and builds ownership in local community groups, resources, and structures, particularly those consisting of women and other marginalized populations. PCI has expertise in effectively integrating a gender perspective into its work and promoting women’s economic, social and political empowerment. PCI has vast on-the-ground experience in transforming women’s collectives
Position: Training Officer - Prerna Technical Support Project (PTSP)
No of Positions: 04
About The Project:
Prerna Technical Support Program (PTSP) is the community mobilization project with the support of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and Uttar Pradesh State Rural Livelihood Mission (UPSRLM). The project is designed to strengthen UPSRLM in its core areas as well as in the emerging areas of Health and Nutrition (HN). The overall support entails- co-creation of a strategy with UPSRLM for system strengthening of UPSRLM in its core business areas and integration of HN; strengthening UPSRLM’s internal system, structures, institutional mechanisms and concomitant processes, and strengthening and mobilizing the community institutions of UPSRLM in its core business areas; providing technical know-how to the UPSRLM for building HN strategy and designing strategic interventions on HN integration, building upon learning from successful models being implemented in Bihar and other states of India and elsewhere globally, and, providing systematic and catalytic support through cascade capacity building of staff and cadres, handholding, mentoring and quality assessment to ensure successful implementation of those interventions in a defined geography; and, generating dynamic field intelligence through strong measurement systems for providing deeper insight for decision making and program improvement, and creating and sharing a digital knowledge repository with UPSRLM for scale-up preparedness of the HN integrated model across the state.
The Training Officer will strategize and develop the training program related to HN interventions to be implemented through UPSRLM under the supervision of Senior Manager - PTSP. S/he will work closely with capacity building vertical of UPSRLM for developing and operationalizing cascade model of trainings for staff and cadre. S/he will work with the thematic experts to finalize the content, develop training methodology, modules, tools and facilitator guides on HN issues. S/he will lead the field testing of different tools developed under different programs and contextualize it for UPSRLM. S/he will work closely with assigned district and block teams of UPSRLM in coordination with Program Managers to develop training calendar and support in adhering to the timelines. S/he will also be responsible to strengthen capacity of District Resource Persons (DRPs) and Block Resource Persons (BRPs) on HN issues in their assigned geographical areas.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a large-scale capacity building effort related to Social Behavior Change approach for improving HN through Women’s self-help groups (SHGs), SHG leaders, UPSRLM staff and cadre.
- Work closely with a team of thematic experts to formulate training methodology, develop training materials and develop systems for tracking training flow and quality.
- Influence training design and strategy for HN within UPSRLM system through close collaboration with Institution Building Capacity Building (IBCB) team.
- Work closely with DMM–SISD and BMM-SISD of assigned districts to develop training calendars for DRPs, BRPs, staff and cadre of UPSRLM and develop a system for keeping track of planning, progress and quality of trainings.
- Guide and build capacity of other UPSRLM teams in relevant areas of HN.
- Support Program Managers in follow up and providing oversight on timeliness, completeness and quality of trainings.
- Add value to development of capacity building materials, operational manuals and tools for UPSRLM HN trainings and programs.
- Conduct field testing of modules, materials, tools developed on HN by PTSP team
- Prepare process documents/training reports, maintain database of the trainings in consultation with team of Program Managers and DMM-SISD.
- Ensure training quality in all the trainings using different quality assurance tools.
- Conduct periodic Training Need Assessment (TNA) for UPSRLM staff and cadres in consultation with senior PTSP team as and when required.
- Work as Resource Person for trainings as and when required.
- Assist in organizing workshops, exposure visits, etc. under PTSP.
- Take up any other assignment specified by the supervisor/ organization.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Education: Master Degree in Rural Development/Social work/Sociology/Economics/Community Health or a related field from a reputed university/ institute.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience of working in large scale project with major responsibilities of capacity building and material development activities.
- Demonstrated experience of facilitating participatory trainings.
- Experience of working in Government departments at state, district and block levels and a clear understanding of Government systems and processes is required.
- Experience in contributing to Government guidelines and program related tools will be an advantage.
- Significant understanding of social structures and community level dynamics in UP
- Knowledge of issues related to HN
- Familiarity with NHM and NRLM
- Strong sense of professional commitment, maturity & social accountability and individual’s right to health.
- Willingness to travel within the state and outside the state as per project requirement.
- Consultative, flexible and collaborative in approach; ability to work with a diverse team.
- Creative and willing to learn.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and train groups in Hindi; familiarity with one or more dialects of Uttar Pradesh will be an added advantage.
- Ability to read and write well in both English and Hindi.
- Proven ability to take initiative, problem solving and work as part of a team.
- Working Knowledge of computer M.S office & internet
- All applicants to send their updated resumes along with the subject line: Training Officer- Prerna Technical Support Project (PTSP)
- Share the application and cover note on firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th January 2020, 5:00 p.m.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd