Apply By: 15 Dec 2019
Location: Chennai(Tamil Nadu)
Job title: WASH Specialist
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up!
How can you make a difference?
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children in the world's thereby ensuring a better future for every child, this is the chance to make a difference. Under the supervision and guidance of the Chief, Social Policy, Chennai responsible for facilitating and influencing the State Government’s evidence-based policy, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and documentation for equity-based WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) sector plans and programmes and convergence with other flagship programmes that benefit children and mothers in the state of Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- Provide leadership and influences state policy in WASH programme priority areas; develops strategy papers, approaches and innovative models for achieving convergent results for women and children in both the states of Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- Develops strategic partnerships and networks with CSOs (Civil Society Organizations) or FBOs (Faith Based Organizations) for facilitating community based and community led social movements for sustaining open defecation status and initiating ODF+ (Open Defecation Free) programming at scale; sustaining safe drinking water supply and WASH in institutions and the use of effective Social and Behaviour Change communication for WASH.
- Upstream advocacy and leverages resources for improving the WASH service delivery to reach the marginalized and most deprived communities in Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- Timely sectoral analysis, inputs, support to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update, made for effective WASH programme planning, development and management, including emergency preparedness and response.
- Knowledge management effectively promoted through drafting/finalizing key WASH sectoral programme documents and reports, sharing good practices, lessons learned, and knowledge/information exchange.
- Quality of rights-based WASH programmes effectively promoted, and coherence, synergy and value added to programme management process through results-based management and strategies.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree in one of the following disciplines: Social Science, Social Work, Public Health, WASH, MBA or a field relevant to WASH related development assistance.
- Additional courses completed in WASH, DRR (Disaster Risk Reduction) and Communication for Development (Programme Communication), is an asset.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in WASH, DRR (Disaster Risk Reduction) or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), in the United Nations, international development organizations, National/State Government, or relevant private sector organizations.
- Background/familiarity with Disaster Risk Reduction (preparedness and response) and the IASC Cluster approach is an asset.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station will be an advantage.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd