Youth Accountability Advocates
Organization: Restless Development
Apply By: 21 Jul 2019
Location: (Delhi) (Jharkhand) (Bihar)
About the organization
Restless Development is an agency for youth-led development. Through 10 global hubs, our work is delivered by young people, for young people, giving them the skills and resources to deal with the main issues facing their communities and countries. Tackling unemployment and sexual rights, supporting young people to have a voice, and enabling youth leadership at the heart of development, Restless Development programs are genuinely life changing.
Title: Youth Accountability Advocates
Location: 20 positions based at Delhi, Jharkhand, Bihar and Rajasthan
Compensation: Restless Development provides :
- Monthly Stipend of Rs. 8,500/- .
- One time reimbursement of premium paid towards accidental and medical insurance for self upto Rs. 2,500/-
Tenure of contract: Fixed contract for a period of one year, September 2019 – August 2020. Available to contribute 4-8 hours per week
- Must be authorized to work in India
- Expected travel: Travel – Globally or Regional events and meetings, where opportunities arise.
- You may occasionally be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted
About the project
Together with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Restless Development has aimed to catalyze a global youth movement with the power of young people driving accountability for reproductive and sexual health rights and gender equality. The initiative was piloted for 18 months from November, 2017 to April, 2019 and the learnings from the same have been used to supplement the project for the next 18 months.
The Youth Accountability Advocates are a group of 20 committed and knowledgeable young people from different states of India. Between September 2019 and August 2020, the 20 Youth Accountability Advocates will be trained and mentored to undertake an initial advocacy landscaping, policy mapping, create action plans for their individual projects, will work with a broader pool of young people to support the work they are doing in their communities.
The Youth Accountability Advocates will contribute to the programme on youth-led accountability for the Sustainable Development Goals and FP2020. The primary outcome that the project would achieve is greater implementation of policies to deliver national FP2020 and SDG5 commitments by the governments of India and Tanzania.
Skills and experience
- are between 18-28 years
- are committed to finding solutions to issues that hinder achieving gender equality and family planning
- are passionate and driven about youth development, and the role of young people as partners and leaders in decision-making
- are joining in their individual capacity
- have some experience with regards to accountability or monitoring mechanisms or have been involved in advocacy around the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Family Planning 2020
- Have some prior experience in community mobilization – could be membership in college clubs, informal/formal collectives initiated for achieving a purpose (preferably developmental) and/or former internships.
- Have 4-8 hours per week and capacity to commit to this project from September 2019- August 2020.
- Knowledge of the international youth sector and current advocacy and policy priorities
- Previous/current work experience in youth development.
- A clear understanding of contemporary development issues
- Experience in delivering training
Please send a completed application form available here: https://forms.gle/vL2ta1goB5Zzwx1v7
Please note they DO NOT accept CVs, resumes or cover letters.
The application deadline is 21st July 2019. The applications will be carefully reviewed and the interviews will take place in the last week of July/first week of August.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd