Intern - Energy Access
Organization: Council On Energy, Environment And Water
Apply By: 31 Mar 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
The Council on Energy, Environment and Water, commonly known as CEEW .It is a not-for-profit policy research institution. Some of CEEW's research areas include resource efficiency and security; water resources; renewable energy; sustainability finance; energy-trade-climate linkages; integrated energy, environment and water plans; and climate geo engineering governance. The think-tank advises the Indian government.
Role: CEEW seeks to hire an intern who will assist in conducting a detailed case study on the experience of energy safety nets in India
Project: The research project will focus on understanding the experience and effectiveness of energy safety nets to ensure access to modern energy services for the poorest social groups. This would build on our understanding of the opportunities and challenges in using targeted subsidies or social assistance measures to enable very poor people to access modern energy services. The overall objective of the research is to provide guidance for policy- and decision-makers by identifying measures that have been successful in enabling low-income population to access modern energy services. The research will also evaluate the possible factors of success and the challenges faced by some of these interventions. The research intern is being hired to assist the fellow researchers in undertaking programmatic and research activities of this project.
Job duration: Four months
- Conduct a review of key secondary sources, including published and grey literature and statistical data, specific to energy safety nets in India.
- Discuss theoretical approaches to understand and analyse the identified research outcomes.
- Co-design a framework for selection and detailing of the case study
- Map stakeholders in energy access to understand their roles and influence.
- Assist in developing the interview guides and engagement guides for stakeholder consultations and interviews
- Conduct primary interviews with all relevant stakeholders at all levels, including national decision-makers for the case study
- Assist in organising and facilitate stakeholder workshop discussions.
- Assist in analysing and preparing the research outputs like reports, briefing papers, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Enrolled in or recently graduated from a Master’s degree with specialisation in sociology, anthropology, political science, gender studies, development economics, liberal arts or development studies.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in using qualitative research skills is highly desirable
- Exposure to quantitative research skills would be a plus
- Strong theoretical understanding of socio-economic institutions that influence policy development and implementation.
- Good written and oral communication skills
Interested candidates are requested to share their curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letter explaining their interest in the position (in one PDF) and send it to email@example.com with ‘Application – Intern: Energy Access’ as the subject line
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd