Organization: Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI)
Apply By: 23 May 2019
Location: Noida(Uttar Pradesh)
About the Organization
Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) an Autonomous Body under the Ministry of Shipping, Govt of India intends to engage the following position, purely on Contractual basis, initially for a period of One year and invite application from interested and eligible candidates.
The closing/ last date for receipt of application is 23/05/2019, with application in prescribed proforma, to be addressed to the Assistant Secretary(R.&T.), IWAI, A-13, Sector1, Noida-201301(UP), through registered post/ speed post. For further details as regards Duties/Responsibilities, Educational Qualification, Experience & Remuneration etc. The website of IWAI viz <www.iwai.nic.in> may be visited.
Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) an Autonomous Body under the Ministry of Shipping, Govt of India intends to engage the following position purely on Contractual basis, initially for a period of One years and invite application from interested and eligible candidates.
Details of Position - Consultant (Legal)
Duties / Responsibilities
- To look after IWAI litigation work to firmly secure the interest of organization, as required by the IWAI. Render effective legal assistance in the preparation of legal opinions, studies, reports and correspondence, as required from time to time. Supervise and monitor the contesting of the cases in various courts of law. Supervise and coordinate works in the legal cell of IWAI.
- To deal with cases and contest in various courts are generally related to Civil, Arbitrator, Land Acquisition, National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission, Industrial Tribunalcum-Labour Court, Tribunals, Central Information Commission, District Consumer Forum, Civil Miscellaneous Applications, Division Bench Appeals, and Criminal Miscellaneous.
- Coordinate with the all Heads of Departments and all Regional office with regard to Legal matters. Ensuring the providing of appropriate legal advice on a diverse range of substantive and procedural questions of law arising in administrative functioning of IWAI including advice in all legal matters, to firmly secure the interest of IWAI.
- Offer Legal Opinions to the Head of Departments and Regional Directorate in respect of the Legal Matter. Scrutinize the Remarks; Counter Affidavits and Affidavits filed by the IWAI. Vetting of Rules, Regulations, Deeds, Notification, etc. relating to departments.
- To monitor the performance of empaneled Counsels/Law firm of the IWAI in preparation of Counter Affidavit, Written Statement, Writ Appeals, and Vacate Stay Petition etc. To make Coordination between IWAI and Law Firms/Advocates on legal matter. To assist the senior management to complete the procedure of engagement of New Law Firms/Advocates for Empanelment to IWAI
- Processing of various Fee Bills of advocates, professional fee bills received from the empaneled Law Firms and Counsels.
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents. Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly. Liaise with relevant departments to ensure whether legal risks may identified, appropriate courses of action to be taken. Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management. Provide and interpret legal information and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to IWAI officials.
Required Educational Qualifications, Experience & Competencies
- Bachelor Degree in Law from a recognized university.
- Should be retired Central/ State Government employees/ Retired PSU employees at the Level 8 or above equivalent to Section Officer or above, having relevant experience in legal matters.
- Individuals from Non-Government/Private/Consultancy Firms/Multinational organizations with minimum of 8 years of relevant post qualification experience would be considered.
- Strong understanding of legal requirements in Indian context.
- Person having relevant experience of working with Inland Water Transport/Ports/Shipping etc. will be preferred.
- In depth knowledge of legal systems & structures.
- Understanding and experience in all aspects of relevant legal area.
- Skillful with business management, leadership, and strategic legal approaches.
- Commercially aware and able to act in IWAI’s best interests.
- Understanding of property rights and laws, contract negotiations, corporate law, and real estate law including construction.
- Communication and relationship management skills.
- Sound understanding of legal ethics.
- Skills in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Hindi and English languages.
Remuneration : Rs.50,000 (Rs. Sixty thousand only) per month.
Age Limit : 35-65 years as on closing date/last date of receipt of application.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd