Organization: Ipas Development Foundation
Apply By: 05 Jun 2019
Location: Kolkata(West Bengal)
About the organization
Ipas Development Foundation (IDF) works to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights, especially the right to safe abortion and contraceptive services. IDF seeks to eliminate unsafe abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to contraception, comprehensive abortion care and related reproductive health information and care. Towards this, IDF works in strengthening training systems, service delivery of comprehensive contraception and abortion care, and access to these services within the public health system, with the aim of making a positive impact on the health of women in India. IDF’s program currently spans 12 states to include the states of Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, Odisha, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal.
IDF seeks to hire a Manager – Programs to be based at Kolkata, West Bengal and reporting to the Regional Program Director. The position will be independently responsible for planning and effective implementation of programs in West Bengal to ensure that the national program goals and objectives pertaining to the state are met. She/he will be responsible for increasing the impact of IDF’s interventions and utilization of services in program areas. Specifically the position will be responsible for managing the programs relating to training, service delivery and improving access to Comprehensive Abortion Care (CAC). The position will provide managerial leadership to the state team and coordinate technical inputs (as and when required) and supervise state office staff and consultants.
Qualification and Responsibility
- Graduates with an advanced degree in Social Sciences, Management or Public Health.
- 5 or more years’ program management experience in public health, preferably with international NGOs/local NGOs/state governments in the area of reproductive health.
- Fair understanding of the Reproductive Health sector in India, preferably with an understanding on programs related to family planning and Comprehensive Abortion Care.
- Ability to engage and interact with officials at varying levels including experience of working with senior officials at the state level.
- Demonstrated skills for strategic thinking, program management, budgeting and negotiation.
- Proven experience and ability to work under tight timelines and under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in standard MS Office applications.
- Ability to read, write and speak Bengali, along with English and Hindi.
- Willingness and ability to travel 70% of time.
- Confident, self-driven and a team player
To Apply: Interested candidates with relevant experience may e-mail their CV, covering letter (along with current/ last drawn salary and expected salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 5, 2019.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd