State Coordinator (Institutional Support)
Organization: Bachpan Bachao Andolan
Apply By: 30 Jun 2019
About the organization
Bachpan Bachao Andolan is an India-based movement campaigning for the rights of children. It was started in 1980 by Nobel Laureate Mr. Kailash Satyarthi. Its focus has centred on ending bonded labour, child labour and human trafficking, as well as demanding the right to education for all children. It has so far freed more than 83,000 children from servitude, including bonded labourers, and helped in their successful re-integration, rehabilitation and education.
The State Coordinator (Institutional Support) will be responsible for providing technical support to state and district legal enforcement systems including police and prosecutors, act as the essential link between investigating officers and prosecutors and monitor child protection systems (e.g., ensure compensation for rescued children).
Job Description (Role Expectations):
The role will entail and not be restricted to the following responsibilities:
- Strengthen the monitoring of implementation of the JJ Act, CLPRA, RTE, PCMA, BLSA and Trafficking related laws and the corresponding rules.
- Implementation of UNCRC and international conventions and policies regarding child rights.
- Coordinate the functioning of a special desk to on child trafficking and other offences against children.
- Assess quality of services in childcare institutions and identify gaps and adherence to minimum standards of care.
- Identify new avenues for conducting research and innovation in child protection in the State, for policy and its implementation.
- Build consensus with state and district level stakeholders and building focus and attention on child rights issues in governance.
- Active engagement and network building with government agencies, and assistance in matter of policy related to child rights.
- Ensure coordination and convergence in activities regarding prevention, protection and rehabilitation by all child protection agencies, within the state and with other states.
- Take cognizance of individual cases of violation of best interest of child, and extend remedial measures.
- Build network with PoCs of other states for better coordination and best practice sharing.
- Take up activities for overall strengthening of the commission.
Competencies for the role:
- Functional knowledge: Understanding of the areas of work the organization works in (child rights)
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Problem Solving: Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Teamwork: Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Self-driven: Consistently maintain high levels of activity or productivity and operate with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time
- A post graduate in social work, law, social sciences or related fields from a recognized university
Experience & Exposure:
- 6 - 10 years of relevant experience of working in development sector in the field of child rights.
- Experience and passion for Child rights
- Ability to drive to action - can 'make things happen'
- Strong interpersonal skills and public relation skills.
Language and Communication Skills:
- Strong writing and language skills, in English and a regional language (Hindi or any other)
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd