Organization: The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI)
Apply By: 23 Jun 2019
About the organization
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health.
The Health Promotion Division of PHFI in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India (MoHFW-GoI) and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is undertaking research study “Evaluating Implementation of a Peer Educator Programme for Improving Adolescent Health under India’s National Adolescent Health Programme i.e Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK)”. The study has been approved for funding by Medical Research Council (MRC) and Department for International Development (DFID). The study will provide research evidence needed to effect real and practical changes to improve adolescent health. The lessons learnt from this research would inform scale up of Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK) components in India. The study would be undertaken in two states of Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- Develop tools and protocol to undertake qualitative data collection for the study.
- Training data collection team on standardized data collection and ensuring adherence to study protocols.
- Training research team on coding.
- Conducting data analysis from transcripts.
- Reviewing state and district data sets to finalize process evaluation indicators and variables for the study and align with quantitative outcome.
- Supervise and coordinate qualitative data collection in project states.
- Assist in Qualitative data analysis and Manuscript writing in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other co-investigators of this study.
- Liaison with State and district Government.
- Liaison with NGOs, Community and data collection team in States.
- Will be responsible for maintaining data for central repository.
- Liaison with vendors for transcription or translation as required.
- Guide research assistants on data collection, transcript, coding preparation, data analysis, checking translation and report writing.
- Liaison with LSHTM on all aspects of qualitative evaluation and keep PI and Project Director informed at PHFI.
- Maintain records of calls and decisions on qualitative study design and analysis as discussed during IPSC with LSHTM and State Governments.
- Write regular reports for partners, funders and assist in developing project report.
- Maintaining minutes of all calls and IPSC records related to qualitative evaluation.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- PhD in Public Health or Masters in public health, social sciences or allied fields.
- Master’s in Public Health, Sociology or Medical Anthropology.
- Around 4-5 years of experience in public health research.
- Experience in conducting data collection, analysis and report writing for qualitative health research.
- Knowledge and expertise in using NVIVO or any other qualitative analysis software.
- Using Endnote and other referencing software’s.
- Experience in designing qualitative evaluation in implementation science research.
- At least five years of research experience in public health research or allied field.
Annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process
Applications, along with detailed CV, may be sent to: email@example.com . Please mention the exact Position Code (PHFI-RSAS-103) in the subject line.
Please also send the following information along with your application:
- Current remuneration
- Expected remuneration
- Notice Period
- Current Location
- How did you hear about this opportunity?
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd