Consultant: Social Media Communications
Organization: India HIV/AIDS Alliance (Alliance India)
Apply By: 16 Jul 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
India HIV/AIDS Alliance (Alliance India) is a diverse partnership that brings together committed organisations and communities to support sustained responses to HIV in India. Complementing the Indian national programme, they work through capacity building, knowledge sharing, technical support and advocacy. Through their network of partners, they support the delivery of effective, innovative, community-based HIV programmes to key populations affected by the epidemic.
About the proposed assignment:
The Consultant: Social Media Communications Management, will be overall responsible for managing the social media related initiatives that are being undertaken by Alliance India in our various programme initiatives. The Consultant will support in understanding target audiences, deciding appropriate social media channels, and developing targeted messages, etc. He/she will be responsible for maintaining Alliance India’s presence in the social media
Scope of work:
The key responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Work in close coordination with our core communication and programmes team members to implement social media strategy to ensure organizational visibility, membership and traffic across all Alliance India initiatives.
- Manage, update and optimize Alliance India accounts for various networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, blog, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Wikipedia, etc.)
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, and messaging and audience identification to ensure organizational visibility across all Alliance India initiatives.
- Plan and maintain a content editorial calendar.
- Develop content for blog posts, feeds and snippets in various social media sites and post appropriate updates as soon as important activities occur or for important days. Create compelling campaigns around our areas of our work to effectively communicate about what we do and reach wider audience with our message.
- Ensure better visibility for various events organised by Alliance India through proactive and innovative modes of social media campaigning and media outreach
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities.
- Collaborate with all programme leads within Alliance India to capture the latest development and effectively plan content dissemination
- Support the team in the use of Google Analytics and Adwords to increase wider viewer base
- Manage online campaigns and support the in-house fundraising team
- In coordination with IT team and rest of the programmes team members update and maintain Alliance India’s website.
- Increase footfalls to the website
- Review the contents of website, revise as appropriate with latest information and also support in the adding new contents in website.
- Ensure new and relevant content reaches subscribers
- Increase our subscribers base
These Terms of References may be varied subject to the changing needs of Alliance India. This will be done in full consultation with the agency/ individual. The agency / individual will be expected to work in a flexible and adaptable manner, responding to changing needs, priorities and context.
- Knowledge of, and participation in different social media platforms
- Proven writing/ journalistic and proofreading skills
- Experience in managing content development and publishing
- Familiarity with online moderating or as an online moderator
- Excellent computer skills
- Good understanding about HIV/AIDS and other public health issues in India.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Doggedness and determination
- Willingness to experiment
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the organization and across multiple disciplines
- Ability to contribute individually, and lead, manage or participate in cross-functional team
Fresh graduates in Journalism/Mass Media Communications stream with a flair of Social Media communications and excellent writing skills are also encouraged to apply for the role.
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their application along with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Please indicate the title of the post applied for on the subject line of your e-mail.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd