Program Executive- Capacity Building
Organization: Bharat Rural Livelihood Foundation
Apply By: 25 Nov 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Program Executive- Capacity Building
Bharat Rural Livelihood Foundation, New Delhi
1. Position Vacant: Program Executive- Capacity Building with Bharat Rural Livelihood Foundation, New Delhi (with upto50% travel to the project locations across ten states of India)
2. Organisation Background:
Government of India (GOI) initiated Bharat Rural Livelihoods Foundation (BRLF) as an independent organization under the Societies Registration Act, to facilitate civil society action in partnership with the Central and State Governments, for transforming livelihoods and lives of rural households, with an emphasis on women, particularly in the Central Indian Tribal Region.
BRLF is a unique and first-of-its-kind initiative and the Foundation is constituted as a partnership between Government on the one hand and private sector philanthropies, public and private sector undertakings (under Corporate Social Responsibility), on the other. Major functions of BRLF comprise the provision of financial grants to Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to meet their human resource and institutional costs for up-scaling proven interventions, invest in institutional strengthening of smaller CSOs and capacity building of professional human resources working at the grassroots. Alongside, BRLF is continuously facilitating projects, receiving its grant support through all levels of Government to ensure smooth flow and utilization of Government funds to rural communities and poor households under the mega Centrally Sponsored Schemes for promoting livelihoods of the poor. The General Body and Executive Committee of BRLF are constituted by eminent individuals, as well as ex-officio representatives from private philanthropies, public and private sector organizations, financial institutions, State Governments and GOI.
For more details, please visit our website: www.brlf.in
One of BRLF’s key mandates is to address the capacity building challenge for existing and aspiring rural professionals who would potentially engage as front-line functionaries of NGOs, government institutions or as elected representatives of the PRIs and SHG federation leaders.
The capacity building programme of BRLF would target candidates/aspirants who belong to ST, de-notified tribes, nomadic tribes and/or other vulnerable communities from the 1000 or so sub-districts of India where BRLF is currently supporting intervention projects.
BRLF and IIHMR University, Jaipur conducts a Certificate Program in Rural Livelihoods (CPRL) for tribal youth between 18 to 40 years of age from Central India Tribal belt. It’s a six-month, multi-centre, multi-topic curriculum for rural professionals which covers different dimensions of rural livelihoods. This initiative is a part of a series of capacity building initiatives on Rural Livelihoods, packaged as per the needs of the target groups and of different institutional partners (both Government and CSOs).
BRLF is also developing tailor made short-term courses for the field staff of State Rural Livelihood Missions and the frontline functionaries of mega-projects being implemented in partnership with the State Governments in the field of rural livelihoods.
3. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure BRLF’s interventions are based on demand and emerging needs and are in sync with the aspirations of targeted groups;
- Development of tailored capacity support plans for specific target groups; preparation/facilitation and update of the curriculum, handbook/ manuals of various CB programmes, put in place quality control mechanisms;
- Assist on developing suitable partnerships with Universities, other training and educational institutions, NGOs, Corporate sector efforts, towards co-learning, scale up, and for drawing on their domain expertise and knowledge;
- Ensure coordination, preparation and timely delivery of training activities and schedules for each year in consultation with SPE-CB/CEO;
- Work towards sustainability of various program offerings; Support budget development and fundraising for the various capacity building programs, track expenditures, and assist on monitoring of the program’s financial health;
- Recommend and support development of new program strategies or products that reflect BRLF’s strategic vision and goals;
- Assist in mobilizing candidates for CPRL and other CB initiative in close coordination with BRLF partners, CBOs and other relevant stakeholders;
- Support the CB vertical in preparation & execution of the candidate selection process including design of tests, parameters & admission process;
- Ensure coordination, preparation and timely delivery of training schedules, conference schedules, development of knowledge pieces and other collaterals that emerge from/for the CPRL and other courses. Close liaison with partner CSOs towards efficient and effective implementation of CPRL and other short courses;
- Ensure management of fiscal operations including budget development, MOU preparation, modifications, revisions etc. Track expenditures. Continually monitor the program’s financial health and make recommendations to the CB lead and the Standing Committee;
- Support setting up of systems for monitoring and learning; Monitor and review the impact of CB programs and documentation and dissemination of lessons learned;
- Participation in accreditation site visits / internal or external reviews/ monitoring visits/ etc;
- Assist in the preparation and update of the curriculum, handbook/ manuals of the CB programme, coordination with prospective partners, collating and streamlining details of all training modules from partners, their learning objectives, pedagogy and a draft design;
- Develop & maintain a MIS with programme records and information about all candidates who undergo training under the programme or prospective candidates;
- Closely monitor the professional development of the candidates who undergo training under CPRL and other courses, also after the completion of the course. Capturing & documenting success stories of the graduates;
- Support in placement, career counselling, guidance of CPRL candidates;
- Represent BRLF’s interests to the public and to professional counterparts through meetings, conferences, and presentations;
- Providing any other support required in CB vertical.
4. Qualifications, Experience And Competencies:
Applicants must possess a post-graduate degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Agriculture, NRM, Social Work, MBA, Sustainable Development or any other field with direct relevance to the advertised profile of work.
- Minimum two years of experience in the development sector programs with focus on capacity building;
- Ability to design and execute capacity building strategies based on clear needs identification and understanding of the operating context, and demonstrable experience of working with government/academic institution/ civil society organizations and with the implementation of those programs;
- Have sound knowledge of principles and practices related to tribal youth development and educational/ livelihood issues in the rural sector.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hindi;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills coupled with the ability to build strong and lasting relationship with stakeholders;
- Have a good understanding and knowledge of the requirements of the capacity building program with proven experience in Curriculum planning and implementation;
- Experience in developing and managing programs, budgets, and training interventions with community representatives, youth, CSO/CBO members, and/or Government functionaries; Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows based computer application and database management is essential;
- Familiarity with existing skill development programs offered in India by multiple institutions across the country for different target groups is highly desirable;
- Have good problem-solving skills, be resourceful and proactive as and when needed;
- Be able to work independently and to be organized in their work to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner as well as ability to work closely with and participate actively and in a fully co-operative manner as a member of a broader team;
- Creative, strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple and complex assignments;
- Must be highly organized and excellent team player;
- Flexible; possessing the ability to wear different “hats” at short notice;
- Good people management skills with the ability to develop others and to impart knowledge and experience in an accessible and clear manner;
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of his/her time to the project locations across India
5. Compensation Offered:
The gross remuneration budgeted for the position is Rs. 6-8 lacs per annum. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
6. Location: New Delhi (with upto 50% travel to the project locations across ten states of India).
7. Appointment: This is a full-time position and the initial contract will be offered for a period of three years, which shall be renewable based on performance.
8. Reference: PECB-BRLF
9. Contact Information:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
10. Last Date For Applications:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to urgently apply to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter highlighting their motivation to apply and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume including names and contact details of at least two referees, by or before November 25, 2019.
BRLF is an equal opportunity organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd