General Manager (Training Operations & Industry Partnerships)
Organization: Odisha Skill Development Authority
Apply By: 17 Dec 2019
About the Organization:
Odisha Skill Development Authority was established to provide overall direction, guidance & implementation of skill development programs in the State by converging different sectors. OSDA works with an overarching mission to bring transformative human development through skilling of youth and making Skilled-in-Odisha-a Global Brand.
Position: General Manager (Training Operations & Industry Partnerships)
The General Manager Training Operations and Industry Partnerships will be responsible for ensuring that the training targets of the World Skill Center Project including training of 151000 trainee’s/master trainers/trainers; and liaisioning and establishing strategic partnerships with industries in and outside of Odisha.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
1. Program Management and Leadership
- Achievement of OSDP training target of 1,51,000 trainees within World Skill Center (WSC) and outside WSC, through a combination of core team and an extended team of professional consultants (part-time or full-time) either as individuals or firms.
- The GM would be responsible to work closely with the training providers selected for the operations of WSC and develop comprehensive strategies for mobilization, outreach and placements for students of the WSC and the catchment areas. The GM would also be responsible for ensuring efficient operations and management of WSC;
- The GM would also help in networking between the WSC and ITIs and develop cluster level plans for training in each of the Spoke ITIs. The GM would provide facilitation support through SDTED and DTET. This would include, developing ‘sandwich programs’ for Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS) students in ITIs to be delivered by ITI trainers with the help of WSC;
- The GM would be responsible for the overall MIS for the system developed, maintained and operated through a specialist firm hired for the same. The MIS would include information on the entire value chain of training such as content & program development, training of trainers, scheduling of training calendar, mobilization, counselling, admissions, batch commencement, student & trainer attendance, student training, assessments, certification, placements, tracking. In addition, the GM would be responsible for deploying networking technologies such as videoconferencing, webex, mobile or app based services, DTH/ satellite TV etc and other technology for monitoring such as CCTV systems, Bio-metric systems for attendance etc.;
- The GM would also be responsible in generating periodic reports on operations for different stakeholders such as the government, ADB and other regulatory agencies;
- The GM would engage specialist firms or NGOs to develop and deliver special programs on self-employment and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and be responsible for the outputs of the engagement;
- The GM would be responsible for planning and execution of Odisha Skills Competition and prepare the winners for India Skills and World Skills
2. Strategic Partnerships – Industry
- Develop industry engagement strategies to ensure placements for persons trained for placements and sub - strategies for achieving targets for both domestic and overseas placements. The apprenticeship and placement strategy has to be developed in close association with WSC and ITIs so that the OSDA could leverage each other’s strengths, avoid duplication and interact with the industry as one consolidated unit;
- Partnerships for industry involvement in WSC for training of trainers, master trainers, content development, feedback on students, worker training and customized training programs
- Partnerships with Industry for CSR support;
3. Strategic Partnerships – Skill Development
- The GM would be responsible for strategic partnerships with respect to delivery of training at the state level such those with Odisha Skill Development Authority and other departments of the state government
- The GM and consulting team would work closely with OSDA for developing district level skill development plans, organizing skill surveys, rationalizing training fee norms etc.
- The GM would also need to be well updated about ongoing initiatives in skill development in India and the World and be responsible for strategic partnerships with leading training providers to provide their inputs to the OSDA, WSC and ITIs in Odisha;
Qualification, Experience & Essential Knowledge:
- A highly committed individual with at least 15 years’ experience in managing people and stakeholders in large organisations or institutional set-up;
- Should have experience of operating large programs, Government or otherwise in India or abroad including monitoring, evaluation, research and partnerships. Experience in training operations, education operations would be preferred;
- Deep understanding of the education and skill development sector in India including policies, practices and initiatives of government, industries and civil society organizations. Exposure to international good practices in skill development including connections with leading agencies in skill development would be preferred;
- Experience of working closely with Industry leaders and helping them in strategic planning, policy direction and regulatory aspects;
- Exceptional communication skills required both in written and verbal with exposure in presenting formal documentation such as journals, reports, presentations etc. Analytical skills are essential to be able to articulate complex MIS reporting in the project and system. Background in writing editorials, research reports would be preferred;
- The incumbent should be a Graduate or a Post Graduate from a reputed institution in India or Abroad with qualifications to demonstrate analytical skills, communication skills, management skills and leadership skills. Any short-term skill certification, management development program or proficiency gained in the world of work would also be considered for selection.
- The job demands speaking English, Hindi and preferably Odia
- The job demands reading and writing ability in English and preferably in Hindi and/or Odia
Last Date: 17 Dec 2019
To apply, email your resume with photograph and current CTC alongwith two references at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details regarding eligibility criteria, qualification, experience, terms and conditions and other information relating to these positions including proforma for resume can be downloaded from http://skillodisha.gov.in.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd