General Manager Learning and Quality Assurance
Organization: Odisha Skill Development Authority
Apply By: 17 Dec 2019
About the Organization:
Odisha Skill Development Authority was established to provide overall direction, guidance & implementation of skill development programs in the State by converging different sectors. OSDA works with an overarching mission to bring transformative human development through skilling of youth and making Skilled-in-Odisha-a Global Brand.
Position: General Manager Learning and Quality Assurance
The General Manager Learning and Quality Assurance will be responsible for designing and operationalizing a robust quality assurance system including development of courses, training of master trainers, trainers and assessors, assessment and certification, and effective monitoring of quality improvements.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
1. Program Management and Leadership
- Establish and operationalize a robust quality assurance program in close coordination with World Skill Center (WSC) and ITIs to ensure high quality skill development programs and job placement in line with labour market needs;
- Lead the development of content and curriculum in priority sectors and trades in line compliance with NSQF and national and international standards. Coordinate with the Industry Advisory Committee for regular inputs on courses, curriculum and pedagogy;
- Developing through specialist consultants and firms learning technologies such as digital content, online content, online assessment platforms, learning management systems, open and distance learning;
- Lead the development of training programs for master trainers, trainers and assessors in line with national and international standards to ensure high quality training in WSC and ITIs;
- Lead the development and operationalization of a robust assessment and certification in coordination with the ASTIs and ITIs as well accredited national and international agencies for assessment and certification.
2. Strategic Partnerships in Quality Assurance
- The GM would be responsible to work closely with national and international standards and accreditation agencies such as the Sector Skill Councils, Industry standard bodies, Quality Council of India, other regulatory agencies on quality and private corporations and agencies which have their own industry standards such as international automobile companies, mining companies, construction companies etc.;
- The GM would work closely with the WSC and ITIs in adopting or adapting the standards, method of training and assessment;
- The GM would work closely with the GM of Training Operations and Industry Partnerships to ensure synergy in interactions with the industry especially the industry advisory committee regarding course and curriculum feedback, preparation of master trainers, trainers and assessors;
- The GM would be well updated on skill development initiatives in the country and abroad and should be able to innovate based on learning from other initiatives;
Qualification, Experience & Essential Knowledge:
- A highly committed individual with at least 15 years’ experience in managing people and stakeholder’s in large organisations or institutional set-up. Experience in training operations, education operations would be preferred;
- Should have experience in quality assurance and operating large programs, Government or otherwise in India or abroad including monitoring, evaluation, research and partnerships. Experience in instruction design would be preferred;
- Should have good understanding of use of technology in education/training and blended learning;
- Deep understanding of the education and skill development sector in India including policies, practices and initiatives of government, industries and civil society organizations. Exposure to international good practices in skill development including connections with leading agencies in skill development would be preferred;
- Experience of working closely with Industry leaders and helping them in strategic planning, policy direction and regulatory aspects;
- Exceptional communication skills required both in written and verbal with exposure in presenting formal documentation such as journals, reports, presentations etc. Analytical skills are essential to be able to articulate complex MIS reporting in the project and system. Background in writing editorials, research reports would be preferred;
- The incumbent should be a Graduate or a Post Graduate from a reputed institution in India or Abroad with qualifications to demonstrate analytical skills, communication skills, management skills and leadership skills. Any short-term skill certification, management development program or proficiency gained in the world of work would also be considered for selection.
- The job demands speaking English, Hindi and preferably Odia
- The job demands reading and writing ability in English and preferably in Hindi and/or Odia
Last Date: 17 Dec 2019
To apply, email your resume with photograph and current CTC alongwith two references at email@example.com.
For details regarding eligibility criteria, qualification, experience, terms and conditions and other information relating to these positions including proforma for resume can be downloaded from http://skillodisha.gov.in.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd