Senior Project Officer- TRAFFIC India
Organization: WWF - India
Apply By: 31 Jan 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
WWF-India is a science-based organization which addresses issues such as the conservation of species and its habitats, climate change, water and environmental education, among many others. Over the years, their perspective has broadened to reflect a more holistic understanding of the various conservation issues facing the country and seeks to proactively encourage environmental conservation by working with different stakeholders- Governments, NGOs, schools and colleges, corporate, students and other individuals.
Position: Senior Project Officer- TRAFFIC India
The Senior Project Officer (SPO) will be responsible for design, collation, analyses of data that will require accurate referencing, evaluation and production of informative outputs on wildlife trade dynamics. This will be in collaboration with other TRAFFIC-India staff and its network. The SPO will work under the supervision of Coordinator TRAFFIC India and will report to Head, TRAFFIC-India.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertake studies and analyse trends on select species in trade (flora and fauna), impact on conservation of those species and socio-economics of trade.
- Support Coordinator TRAFFIC in implementation and timely delivery of expected outcomes under SECURE Himalaya project in the states of Uttarakhand, Sikkim and Himachal
- Design, plan and execute ‘Green Stream’ work for TRAFFIC India.
- Provide necessary technical backstopping and inputs for development and implementation of projects, reports and articles for TRAFFIC India programs.
- Produce GAP assessment on floral species in trade, to determine and guide future priorities for combating illegal and unsustainable wildlife trade.
Qualifications & Experience:
Essential: Masters in Natural Resource Management, Wildlife Science, Ecology, Forestry, Wildlife Management, with minimum 5 years’ relevant experience.
Desired: PhD in wildlife ecology specializing on illegal wildlife trade, issues of poaching.
Apply Via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment) along with the details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references in the CV.
- In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “Senior Project Officer-TRAFFIC-India”, in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only the short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd