Applications Invited for Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Law and Policy
Institute Name: WWF-India
Apply By: 20 Sep 2021
About the Organization
WWF-India is one of the largest conservation organisations engaged in wildlife and nature conservation in the country. Established as a Charitable Trust on November 27, 1969, it has an experience of over four decades in the field. From a modest beginning, the organisation has been propelled forward by the efforts of its founders and associates who volunteered their time and energy to lend momentum to the conservation movement. Today, it is recognized as a premier international conservation non-governmental organisation in the country dealing with nature conservation, environmental protection and development-related issues. At a time when the Web of Life has come under increasing threats, WWF-India's attempts have been to find and implement solutions so that human beings can live in harmony with nature, and leave for future generations a world rich in natural resources and natural wonders. To suit India's specific ecological and socio-cultural situation, WWF-India articulated its mission in 1987 as follows:
About the Programme
It is essential to minimize the adverse impacts of pollution and ecological degradation through proper environmental management and international cooperation. This can be done by not just raising awareness of environmental values but also strengthening the delivery capacity of environmental professionals so that they are well equipped to face the challenges in their stream of work.
With an aim to provide a better understanding of green law issues poignant worldwide, particularly in the Indian context, NLUD and WWF India will be jointly offering a One Year Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Law and Policy. The exclusive tailormade programme provides opportunities for law graduates and other professionals working in the field of environment to enrich their understanding of the issues, institutions and initiatives in the field of environmental law and policy.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- Provide comprehensive knowledge to participants in Environmental Law and Policy
- Increase understanding on key issues related to national as well as international environmental law & policies
- Develop knowledge on the International Legal & Policy context on thematic issues related to environment
- Develop practical skills to facilitate effective engagement with Environmental Laws
- Prepare well-informed professionals in Environmental Law and to upgrade the professional competencies by augmenting the Environmental Law awareness
- Promote networking and sharing of experiences among participants to actively contribute towards conservation
- The programme is useful to students and working professionals from various streams who seek to enhance their skills on legal interventions for environmental protection and also bridge the gap between theory and practice. Law graduates, Legal practitioners, Environmental
- professionals, Corporate Executives, Government officials, Media and NGO personnel seeking to enrich their professional knowledge are encouraged to apply.
- Graduation in any stream. Work experience, although not necessary, but of a minimum of two years in the relevant field is desirable. Admission will be granted strictly on merit and at the discretion of a selection panel. In some cases, the applicant may be required to appear for a telephonic interview.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd