Applications Invited for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2020
Organization: The Commonwealth
Apply By: 03 Aug 2020
About the Organization:
The Commonwealth is a political association of 53 member states, nearly all of them former territories of the British Empire. They help to strengthen governance, build inclusive institutions and promote justice and human rights. Their work helps to grow economies and boost trade, empower young people, and address threats such as climate change, debt and inequality.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2020
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are for mid-career professionals from low and middle income Commonwealth countries to spend between six weeks and three months at a UK Host organisation working in their sector on a programme of professional development.
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Professional Fellowships provide talented and motivated professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector.
These Fellowships are offered under six development themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Each fellowship provides:
- Approved return airfare from the Fellow’s home country to the UK.
- Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly (or pro rata) for the duration of the award at the rate of £1,696 per month, or £2,104 per month for those at organisations in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2019-2020 levels). Exceptionally, depending on the programme arranged, a peripatetic living allowance may be payable. Further details if applicable will be given at the time of offer.
- If a Fellow declares a disability, a full assessment of needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC.
- Arrival allowance of up to £953.45 at current rates, including an element for warm clothing.
- Reimbursement of the standard visa application fee.
- Flat rate contribution of £800 to the costs of the Host organisation relating to the administration and support of the Fellow, setting up of appropriate meetings, any materials required, and incidental travel for the Fellow during the award (to be paid to the Host organisation on receipt of an invoice).
- Fees can be agreed for costs associated with Fellows attending short courses/conferences as well as travel to visit other UK organisations where this forms an integral part of the Programme.
- Up to £2,000 can be agreed for awards under two months and up to a maximum of £3,000 for awards of three months (to be paid to the Host organisation on receipt of an invoice).
Applicants must -
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person;
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country;
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the Fellowships programme, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum;
- Be in employment at the time of application that they will return to upon completion of the fellowship;
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of application);
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study in the UK. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject;
- Be available to undertake the Fellowship between February 1, 2021 and March 15, 2021. You should check exact dates with the prospective Host.
If you have any queries about Commonwealth Professional Fellowships, please email email@example.com.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd