Applications Invited for Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships 2021
Organization: Schlumberger Foundation
Apply By: 09 Nov 2020
About the Organization:
Schlumberger story begins with what it truly means to be a technology innovator. Their common sense of purpose unites 85,000 people representing 170 nationalities with products, sales and services in more than 120 countries. They supply the industry’s most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production, and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions that optimize hydrocarbon recovery to deliver reservoir performance sustainably.
Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships 2021/2022
The Faculty for the Future program, launched in 2004, awards fellowships to women from developing and emerging countries to pursue PhD or Post-doctoral research in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields at leading universities worldwide.
The program’s long-term goal is to accelerate gender equality in STEM by generating conditions that result in more women pursuing scientific careers through alleviating some of the barriers they encounter when enrolling in STEM disciplines. The program is committed to gender parity in science and recognizes that full access to and participation in a STEM curriculum is essential for the empowerment of women and girls. By accelerating gender equality in STEM, the talent and capacities of these women can be developed for the benefit of their local communities, regions and nations.
You are eligible if:
- You are a female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy economy where women are underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines. You are not eligible to apply if you hold secondary citizenship from a developed country. (N.B. If you have been awarded a Faculty for the Future grant and after the award you obtain citizenship of a developed country, the grant will be discontinued as of the date of such additional citizenship);
- You are preparing for PhD or postdoctoral studies in STEM. The Faculty for the Future program does not fund Master level studies;
- You are currently enrolled, have been admitted to or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where a candidate has not yet applied to a university). If you are applying for a sandwich PhD the final degree must be awarded by the Host University abroad (i.e., but not solely from the home country university);
- Hold an excellent academic record;
- Are willing to go back to your home country or region upon completion of your studies to contribute to its socio-economic development;
- Have a proven record of teaching experience in your home country and can demonstrate your commitment to going back home
- Can demonstrate leadership skills, active community outreach and have a track record in encouraging girls and women into STEM.
- Faculty for the Future grants are based on actual costs for eligible expenses up to a maximum of USD $50,000 per year for a PhD and maximum of USD $40,000 per year for a Post-doc and may be renewed through to completion of studies.
- Renewal grants are subject to performance, recommendations from supervisors and strong evidence of re-integration plans in the home country.
Deadline: November 9, 2020
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd