Subscribe our Weekly Newsletter
Applications invited for Bhumi Fellowship Programme
Apply By: 01 Apr 2023
Job Description: Bhumi Fellow
Job nature: Fellowship - 2 years Full-Time
Bhumi is one of India’s largest volunteer organisations. Since 2006, the organisation has been providing youngsters a platform to serve the society and bridges the gap between the educated and the uneducated. Our volunteers and staff educate and mentor children from orphanages, slum and village community centres and low-income schools across the country to give them a better future, which will benefit them as well as our country. Bhumi’s educational programs are currently operational across 12 cities in India.
The Bhumi Fellowship is a full-time paid two-year program designed to develop educational changemakers to lead the next movement in the public education system. Centred around the holistic development of children, the Bhumi fellowship will help you build an ecosystem within the school, to enable school leaders and teachers to equip students with the knowledge, adaptability, and resilience to excel.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Bhumi Fellow:
- Work actively on improving student learning outcomes by teaching for a minimum of 12-15 hours every week
- Support teachers with innovative teaching methods and upskilling them towards achieving excellent student learning outcomes
- Create a culture of collaboration, learning and love within the school to enable the social and emotional development of students
- Improve the leadership skills of Headmasters/Headmistresses
- Identify the challenges faced by the school or the community and design a robust and sustainable solution
- Build effective community-school linkages to improve the investment of the community in Education
- Facilitate trainings and spaces for teachers in the school towards building their knowledge, skills, and mindsets
Preferred Education Qualification / Experience:
- Graduate in any stream. Degree in Education is a plus.
- Proven track record of excellence
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skills – ability to lead and drive initiatives
- Ability to build relationships and invest them ∙ Problem solving and critical thinking
- Passion for social change through Education
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (ability to speak in Tamil mandatory)
- Good computer knowledge and MS Office skills
- Scope: Full time ∙ Reporting to: Program Manager, Bhumi Fellowship
- Remuneration: Your Monthly Fellowship Grant will be INR 25,500 (Rupees Twenty-Five Thousand Five Hundred) for the duration of the Fellowship. The grant includes INR 5,500 towards allowances, including house rent, laptop, mobile, and reimbursements.You will also be eligible for a Fellow Seed Fund of INR 1,00,000 (Rupees One Lakh) upon successful completion and graduating from the fellowship. This fund is to support the aspirations of the fellow after graduating from the fellowship. You will not be eligible to claim this amount if you discontinue the Fellowship before the stipulated time of two academic years.
- Location: Chennai
- Commitment: 2 years (to be eligible for the fellowship completion certificate)
To apply, click here
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd